MK2 Update. Should I?

OP ryujeff

24th January 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bellevue
Thanks Meter: 5

85 posts
More
I'm using MF3 now. i don't want to root again after update. so i'm asking if SuperSU's survival mode will prevent unrooting during the update, and also I'm thinking of staying MF3 until KitKat, unless MK2 is very important or fabulous update (such as bootloader unlock).
Last edited by ryujeff; 24th January 2014 at 05:24 AM.
24th January 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 652

1,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryujeff

I have no idea how AT&T can get benefit by locking bootloaders. Why do they want it locked? They also said they are going to lock bootloaders for further devices. Does that mean AT&T will lock KitKat's bootloader? KitKat's my only hope unless Dan Rosenberg releases unlocking method. When is he gonna release the method? It's been a while. I really want custom ROMs. Safestrap's choices are too limited and eats up my storage.
Sadly, I bought the device right after MF3. I'm not updating to MK2 in order to not encounter another bootloader problem.

AT&T locks bootloaders so that they can guarantee everyone will have and use exactly what they give access to. It makes it harder for us to get rid of their restrictions such as locking tethering and using apps they hide in the play store. It keeps us on their stock system where they can have more control basically. KitKat will be locked, just like everything else was/is. Don Rosenberg's unlock method has been out for a while, it's only an exploit known as loki and was patched by MF3. It was never a full unlock.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bellevue

85 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

AT&T locks bootloaders so that they can guarantee everyone will have and use exactly what they give access to. It makes it harder for us to get rid of their restrictions such as locking tethering and using apps they hide in the play store. It keeps us on their stock system where they can have more control basically. KitKat will be locked, just like everything else was/is. Don Rosenberg's unlock method has been out for a while, it's only an exploit known as loki and was patched by MF3. It was never a full unlock.

thanks for spending your precious time on answering such a stupid question.
now i edited my question into another question
24th January 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,995

2,439 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:

thanks for spending your precious time on answering such a stupid question.
now i edited my question into another question

For me.....alot of users hanging on MF3 because we have MF3 FULL TAR FILES, but not Mk2. Last night my buddy @muniz_ri shared mk2 files and now we have ......MK2 FULL TAR FILES .....it mean u can go back to stock MK2 firmware just in case something goes wrong....i think u should now.... plus we confirmed more than 20 custom roms worked with MK2 + SafeStrap v3.71 Recovery .....check this MK2_INDEX_ROMS_LIST thread by @guut13 ......anything u need to know for MK2.....get your READING MODE ON..........GOODLUCK.....
The Following User Says Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Bellevue

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa

For me.....alot of users hanging on MF3 because we have MF3 FULL TAR FILES, but not Mk2. Last night my buddy @muniz_ri shared mk2 files and now we have ......MK2 FULL TAR FILES .....it mean u can go back to stock MK2 firmware just in case something goes wrong....i think u should now.... plus we confirmed more than 20 custom roms worked with MK2 + SafeStrap v3.71 Recovery .....check this MK2_INDEX_ROMS_LIST thread by @guut13 ......anything u need to know for MK2.....get your READING MODE ON..........GOODLUCK.....

Thanks for making time to reply my question. I've got a little problem. I used survive mode in supersu and tried to update into MK2, but at 25% during the installation, it goes off and fails everytime. I uninstalled safestrap recovery just in case but the installation fails. Is there a way to flash MK2 on MF3 with Odin? What if i cant update forever? So im planning to factory reset and unroot if there is no other way
24th January 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,995

2,439 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for making time to reply my question. I've got a little problem. I used survive mode in supersu and tried to update into MK2, but at 25% during the installation, it goes off and fails everytime. I uninstalled safestrap recovery just in case but the installation fails. Is there a way to flash MK2 on MF3 with Odin? What if i cant update forever? So im planning to factory reset and unroot if there is no other way

SuperSu known for updating failure... so It work better if you coming from mf3 .... u need to flash to mf3 stock firmware by flashing mf3.tar from my update. Zip thread. ... Or u can just flash the mk2 full tar files. ... u would end up on mk2.....If you check my other thread about update.zip.....u would see couples peoples confirmed work ......... Goodluck

Swyped from MK2 Dark Venomous X1
Last edited by ted77usa; 24th January 2014 at 08:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread