[Q] Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 won't mount system through CWM

OP kotafoxx

24th January 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi, I couldn't find a forum for my device, so I'm posting this here in general.

So I'm mediocre with rooting and modding, I've done it with a Galaxy S3 and a Galaxy S (Mesmerize), but I still make mistakes. I have a Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 from boost mobile, got root access, flashed the appropriate CWM Recovery for the device, made backups before big changes, and even messed around the Xposed framework and its many modules. But no matter what I look for or try, I just can't find a good way to make TouchWiz look good. Then I found HoloWiz (link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2437378) for the S4. Figured I would try it, see if it was compatible with my Prevail, and if not, restore from backup. I flashed it successfully, but it got stuck in a boot loop. I went to restore from CWM, and found that I couldn't mount /system. I'm not sure if it was essential, but I did forget to wipe the cach and dalvik cache. Before I found out that I couldn't mount /system, I tried to mount and wipe the cache but it wouldn't mount, wiped the dalvik cache, and flashed the zip a second time. So at the moment, it's soft bricked. Here's what I can think of: I could re-flash CWM (doubt it will change anything), flash the stock ROM (if I can find it), or I could find a custom ROM (if I can find one). I would prefer to fix the issue and restore my last backup, but I could be open to just flashing a new ROM, especially something AOSP or close to it. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate it

[Resolved] Nevermind my boyfriend helped me figure it out
Last edited by kotafoxx; 24th January 2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Resolved
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread