Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Art problems on CPU Govenor i9505

Tip us?

adamrharding
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Art problems on CPU Govenor i9505

Onwards and upwards, with an i9505, new poster longtime lurker. Using CM nightlies and always using ART runtime mode. I have noticed by default, if I install ART runtime on a nightly that defaults to dalvik when the processor governor is say interactive, I find that changing the processor to anything but interactive crashes the device to off after an arbitrary say five minutes, no matter the app! Furthermore, I cannot restart the device without connecting it to power! This happened with the battery at variously 45, 60, 80 and even 85%.

This happened on performance, on demand and powersave and is not based seemingly on the min and max processor speeds which I varied throughout. So, have swapped back to interactive set min speed to 1026 and max to 1890, which seems a lot more stable. On the next nightly, for thoroughness I will swap the governor in dalvik runtime before ART'ing it and see if that holds true and will update with my findings.

I suspect that the way the ART code is written may reference the processor mode when compiling, though I appreciate despite having modded to nightlies on a daily basis for several years, there are many more users out there who have far greater knowledge than me in this and would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

PradeepMurugan
Old
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrharding View Post
Onwards and upwards, with an i9505, new poster longtime lurker. Using CM nightlies and always using ART runtime mode. I have noticed by default, if I install ART runtime on a nightly that defaults to dalvik when the processor governor is say interactive, I find that changing the processor to anything but interactive crashes the device to off after an arbitrary say five minutes, no matter the app! Furthermore, I cannot restart the device without connecting it to power! This happened with the battery at variously 45, 60, 80 and even 85%.

This happened on performance, on demand and powersave and is not based seemingly on the min and max processor speeds which I varied throughout. So, have swapped back to interactive set min speed to 1026 and max to 1890, which seems a lot more stable. On the next nightly, for thoroughness I will swap the governor in dalvik runtime before ART'ing it and see if that holds true and will update with my findings.

I suspect that the way the ART code is written may reference the processor mode when compiling, though I appreciate despite having modded to nightlies on a daily basis for several years, there are many more users out there who have far greater knowledge than me in this and would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Well afik ART has nothing to do with CPU governor. Problem will be in scripts of CPU governor

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

adamrharding
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PradeepMurugan View Post
Well afik ART has nothing to do with CPU governor. Problem will be in scripts of CPU governor

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
Great, thanks for the clarity