[Q] EZ-Unlock & friend bricked my phone, help needed

Tip us?

omeadsthename
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowski View Post
Then you should be able to use a debrick.img. are you using an sd card the same size as your phone's internal memory? if you had it on 4.4.2 then you might need a debrick.img from someone with the same phone on the same network running 4.4.2?
yes i am using same size card. and i have been asking all over for a 4.4.2 debrick img but no one has uploaded.

yowski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by omeadsthename View Post
yes i am using same size card. and i have been asking all over for a 4.4.2 debrick img but no one has uploaded.
sounds like you're stuck until you get that .img file. If you know someone with the same phone you could maybe get them to install 4.4.2 and get the file from them? otherwise keep asking around or wait until 4.4.2 is released for the s3, which might take a while.

omeadsthename
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
sounds like you're stuck until you get that .img file. If you know someone with the same phone you could maybe get them to install 4.4.2 and get the file from them? otherwise keep asking around or wait until 4.4.2 is released for the s3, which might take a while.
Unfortunately kids at my high school are afraid of rooting, so xda is basically my only bet. Im just surprised that some sr member hasnt added a debrick img to their threads. I mean its 4.4 and this is android central!

yowski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i would help you out but my S3 is currently hard bricked on stock 4.3 and im sending it back to the insurance company once my S4 arrives tomorrow.

omeadsthename
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
i would help you out but my S3 is currently hard bricked on stock 4.3 and im sending it back to the insurance company once my S4 arrives tomorrow.
Cant they find out that you are root and hard bricked? like doesnt that void warranty. and if its a 4.3 h brick cant u just use the sd method?

yowski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I did, it was on CM 10.2 when i had flashed improper bootloaders and bricked it. I used the sd card to install 4.3, unroot+ reset flash counter then took it out so it went back to bricked. My only fear is that they may some how get it into download mode instead of just replacing the board and see the warranty bit: 1 which isnt able to be reset as it is an e-fuse which is blown when you install firmware without knox.

omeadsthename
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I did, it was on CM 10.2 when i had flashed improper bootloaders and bricked it. I used the sd card to install 4.3, unroot+ reset flash counter then took it out so it went back to bricked. My only fear is that they may some how get it into download mode instead of just replacing the board and see the warranty bit: 1 which isnt able to be reset as it is an e-fuse which is blown when you install firmware without knox.
Are you using the samsung warranty of AT&T? And also if the sd card is working for u cant you just use odin to flash? Or does the sd card not fix any bootloader issues?

yowski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are you using the samsung warranty of AT&T? And also if the sd card is working for u cant you just use odin to flash? Or does the sd card not fix any bootloader issues?
im sending in it through bell mobility. it was a replacement phone that i paid the $150 deductable on and has a 90 warranty. I said it was having issues/defective so they sent an s4 as free replacement on the 90 day. I prefer it to be bricked to fit the defective description as well as to decrease the chances of them finding out i had messed with it, the only real sign being "warranty bit: 1" in red on the download screen. I did use odin to flash the current 4.3 stock that it has right now, and i might be able to get it to boot without the card if i flash the bootloaders some more despite having done it twice and the card still being required. Like i said though, i prefer it hard bricked and i've erased every sign other than warranty bit: 1 that i messed with it by installing stock, unrooting, and resetting flash counter.

omeadsthename
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
im sending in it through bell mobility. it was a replacement phone that i paid the $150 deductable on and has a 90 warranty. I said it was having issues/defective so they sent an s4 as free replacement on the 90 day. I prefer it to be bricked to fit the defective description as well as to decrease the chances of them finding out i had messed with it, the only real sign being "warranty bit: 1" in red on the download screen. I did use odin to flash the current 4.3 stock that it has right now, and i might be able to get it to boot without the card if i flash the bootloaders some more despite having done it twice and the card still being required. Like i said though, i prefer it hard bricked and i've erased every sign other than warranty bit: 1 that i messed with it by installing stock, unrooting, and resetting flash counter.
hmm i wish i could do that to my phone too. i mean, i dont even know how i would unroot without getting my phone on. but if im this hard bricked they probs cant tell anyways. im guessing?