ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S3 stuck at cwm

OP smith77342

22nd January 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
PLEASE HELP ...... I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD KITKAT 4.4 ON MY PHONE AND NOW MY S3 ONE GOES TO CWM AND BOOT MODE I NEED HELP PRONTO AND IT WONT GO INTO USB MODE HELP PLS
22nd January 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Burlington, VT
Thanks Meter: 9

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith77342

PLEASE HELP ...... I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD KITKAT 4.4 ON MY PHONE AND NOW MY S3 ONE GOES TO CWM AND BOOT MODE I NEED HELP PRONTO AND IT WONT GO INTO USB MODE HELP PLS

wait, it does or doesnt go to download mode? if it does....odin back to stock. make sure you use the 4.3 tar if you have a knox enabled bootloader.

if it doesnt go into download, mount usb storage from recovery and put a stock touchwiz rom on your phone and flash that?
22nd January 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #3  

27 posts
I found that when I downloaded TWRP for recovery and tried to install 4.4, I was unable to do so(install error). I flashed a 4.3 and worked. That might not answer your question but that's what happened to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrishh44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Question can u tell me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishh44

I found that when I downloaded TWRP for recovery and tried to install 4.4, I was unable to do so(install error). I flashed a 4.3 and worked. That might not answer your question but that's what happened to me.

how did u flash ur rom and how did u get twrp installed because i cant even acesse my phone
24th January 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #5  

27 posts
I put a micro-SD card in my computer using the adapter and placed the rom on it. Put it back in your phone, find the file in recovery, then flash.
24th January 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Longmont, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 301

396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishh44

Your TWRP issue is likely a compatibility issue. If you are using version 2.6.3.0, that version is not capable of flashing KitKat 4.4.x ROM's due to changes in the code from 4.3.x to 4.4.x. Version 2.6.3.1 is supposed to be compatible for KitKat, but a lot of users, myself included, could not get it to work properly, nothing would mount in recovery, and the touch response was horrendous. I personally highly recommend Philz Touch recovery, it is based on CWM, but is light-years beyond regular CWM, and is virtually flawless in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread