Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 stuck at cwm

Tip us?

smith77342
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation S3 stuck at cwm

PLEASE HELP ...... I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD KITKAT 4.4 ON MY PHONE AND NOW MY S3 ONE GOES TO CWM AND BOOT MODE I NEED HELP PRONTO AND IT WONT GO INTO USB MODE HELP PLS

eletendre84
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith77342 View Post
PLEASE HELP ...... I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD KITKAT 4.4 ON MY PHONE AND NOW MY S3 ONE GOES TO CWM AND BOOT MODE I NEED HELP PRONTO AND IT WONT GO INTO USB MODE HELP PLS
wait, it does or doesnt go to download mode? if it does....odin back to stock. make sure you use the 4.3 tar if you have a knox enabled bootloader.

if it doesnt go into download, mount usb storage from recovery and put a stock touchwiz rom on your phone and flash that?

chrishh44
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I found that when I downloaded TWRP for recovery and tried to install 4.4, I was unable to do so(install error). I flashed a 4.3 and worked. That might not answer your question but that's what happened to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrishh44 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smith77342
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question can u tell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishh44 View Post
I found that when I downloaded TWRP for recovery and tried to install 4.4, I was unable to do so(install error). I flashed a 4.3 and worked. That might not answer your question but that's what happened to me.
how did u flash ur rom and how did u get twrp installed because i cant even acesse my phone

chrishh44
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I put a micro-SD card in my computer using the adapter and placed the rom on it. Put it back in your phone, find the file in recovery, then flash.

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishh44 View Post
Your TWRP issue is likely a compatibility issue. If you are using version 2.6.3.0, that version is not capable of flashing KitKat 4.4.x ROM's due to changes in the code from 4.3.x to 4.4.x. Version 2.6.3.1 is supposed to be compatible for KitKat, but a lot of users, myself included, could not get it to work properly, nothing would mount in recovery, and the touch response was horrendous. I personally highly recommend Philz Touch recovery, it is based on CWM, but is light-years beyond regular CWM, and is virtually flawless in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]