Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Audio problems

Tip us?

xeiks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Audio problems

Ever since I switched ROMs, I am only able to listen to the sound on one side of the headphones. The right side and not the left one (where the wire comes from to my pc). I've tried everything to change and nothing worked. I am pissed off because first of all I though it was the headphones (Skullcandy HESH: Oregon Ducks) so I called for Support but then I tried using the headphones with my pc and both sides work. The problem is obviously on my phone but I don't know what happened. I followed every step, I read carefully every text but still NOTHING works. I would really appreciate any help if possible.
Sorry if it's hard to understand me, I'm from Argentina so my native language is Spanish, not English.

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3298

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeiks View Post
Ever since I switched ROMs, I am only able to listen to the sound on one side of the headphones. The right side and not the left one (where the wire comes from to my pc). I've tried everything to change and nothing worked. I am pissed off because first of all I though it was the headphones (Skullcandy HESH: Oregon Ducks) so I called for Support but then I tried using the headphones with my pc and both sides work. The problem is obviously on my phone but I don't know what happened. I followed every step, I read carefully every text but still NOTHING works. I would really appreciate any help if possible.
Sorry if it's hard to understand me, I'm from Argentina so my native language is Spanish, not English.
dah, the phone jack is fracked up
dah, la toma de telÚfono se fracked hasta

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vincom
Old
(Last edited by vincom; 23rd January 2014 at 11:46 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3298

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeiks View Post
That's it? A ROM ****ed up my phone? Great to know... I though this was a good phone... Now I realize it's a piece of crap. Thanks anyways Vincom...

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 mediante Tapatalk
no rom fracked up your phone, its a hardware problem...the phone audio jack, its just a coincidence that it happeneed when u switched roms.
maybe wiggling it while headphones are plugged in might fix it, maybe not

edit: return to stock to see if its still not working

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum
The Following User Says Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13646
Thread cleaned lightly. Users are reminded that respect is a requirement here.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
Tags
audio, problems, roms, samsung, skyrocket