[Q] Strange behavior with USB storage and Kitkat 4.4.2
I've just bought a Nexus 4, with rom stock 4.4.2, unlocked & rooted.
I have a strange issue with storage, I have files that I can see on android storage (with ES File explorer or root explorer), and I can't see those files on Windows.
Here it is exactly what I've done under Windows 7 :
- Plug my phone with MTP or PTP
- Storage detected
- Copy a lot of files on the storage, we call those files "FILES1" (no images files).
- My files (FILES1) are on the USB storage under Windows.
- Copy all my photos, and process.android.media" crash, it seems to be a kitkat known bug.
- Tried to find a workaround on forum and I've clean data/cache of application "media storage".
- Not working at all and new bug appears ! Now on two different computer (Windows7), I can see the android storage but it's empty !
- On my phone it's not empty, with explorer, the files (FILES1) on the storage are present.
- Copy all my photos with Airdroid on the phone, we call those files "FILES2"
- Now on my Windows, I can see FILES2 (files copied after the empty bug) but no FILES1
- Via android explorer I can see that all the files are here and are working as intended !
I hope you understand my problem, this issue is really hard to explain.
Any ideas to see my FILES1 on Windows please ?
Any application to clean cache ?
Any idea of what's happening ?