Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Paranoid OTA App Not Showing Up

Tip us?

AnTiDoWn3r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Paranoid OTA App Not Showing Up

Hey everyone, this might be a total noob question, but I'm relatively new to the whole custom rom thing, so bear with me.

I've been recently messing around with many roms just to see what I've liked and disliked. So far my favorite has been Paranoid Android. Today I flashed the beta of the 4.4.x release and have been very pleased with it. The only issue is that the OTA update apk doesn't seem to be anywhere. I've re-flashed the rom, but that hasn't helped. Any advice?

Anu6is
Old
Thanks Meter 2,337

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTiDoWn3r View Post
Hey everyone, this might be a total noob question, but I'm relatively new to the whole custom rom thing, so bear with me.

I've been recently messing around with many roms just to see what I've liked and disliked. So far my favorite has been Paranoid Android. Today I flashed the beta of the 4.4.x release and have been very pleased with it. The only issue is that the OTA update apk doesn't seem to be anywhere. I've re-flashed the rom, but that hasn't helped. Any advice?
Device?
The Following User Says Thank You to Anu6is For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnTiDoWn3r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Verizion GS3.

Sent from my SCH-I535.

Anu6is
Old
Thanks Meter 2,337

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTiDoWn3r View Post
Verizion GS3.

Sent from my SCH-I535.
I'm not sure if non-nexus device maintainers build with PA OTA by default...they can include it but they would have to make some changes and upload their files to Goo.im
You'd have to contact your maintainer to see if it's included or not.

AnTiDoWn3r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Ah that makes a lot of sense. The ROM turned out to be pretty unstable all around (at least for me) so I'm now running a CM 11 nightly. Once a stable release is made for PA, I'll flash that and if the app isn't included, I'll ask. Thank you for your time and help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,803

DONATE TO ME
The app won't do any good unless the maintainer puts their builds on goo and modifies the ota app to point to it. The standard ota app only works for the devices the team has listed on their site

Sent from my Nexus 5

cezarvrabie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I extracted the latest ParanoidOTA.apk from PA 4 beta 3. Just install it like any other apk and grant it SU permissions. Take it.
Attached Files
File Type: apk ParanoidOTA.apk - [Click for QR Code] (289.3 KB, 70 views)

Anu6is
Old
Thanks Meter 2,337

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezarvrabie View Post
I extracted the latest ParanoidOTA.apk from PA 4 beta 3. Just install it like any other apk and grant it SU permissions. Take it.
There is no point in this unless your device is hosted on the official servers or the app is modified to look at some other server which hosts your device builds.
The only thing installing this would provide is updates for GApps