Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] [Q] Memory Card data deleted!!

Tip us?

PR0707YP3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [HELP] [Q] Memory Card data deleted!!

I am using the Cm 10.1 kernel 2.6.xx by techkang.. I had flashed d mod of vickygcoolest (swapping internal and external) around 15 days back.. Everything was going fine but it was lagging a bit so i cleared cache and dalvik cache and by mistakenly clicked on fix permission and when i rebooted most of my files where gone.. My 32 gb memory card which had 29 gb full of data is now reduced to 2 gb of data.. Can someone tell me what caused this and is there any way i can recover my files.... Plzz someone help me !:banghead::what:

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk

kk9999gada
Old
Thanks Meter 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzor1508 View Post
I am using the Cm 10.1 kernel 2.6.xx by techkang.. I had flashed d mod of vickygcoolest (swapping internal and external) around 15 days back.. Everything was going fine but it was lagging a bit so i cleared cache and dalvik cache and by mistakenly clicked on fix permission and when i rebooted most of my files where gone.. My 32 gb memory card which had 29 gb full of data is now reduced to 2 gb of data.. Can someone tell me what caused this and is there any way i can recover my files.... Plzz someone help me !:banghead::what:

Don't know how it happened but you can try recovering the data through computer using Pandora Recovery Software (Freeware). Be sure you connect your SD to pc using Card reader or connect your phone in USB mode.
My Contributions:
>Root GT-S7500<
>INSPIRATION_ROM<(GT-S7500)>English---Arabic<
>GELLYBREAD ROM<(GT-S7500L)<
>FAQ_&_Troubleshooting<>JELLYBEAN---GINGERBREAD<
>SUPERCHARGING_SIMPLIFIED_GUIDE<
>Gradient_Status_Bar_for_GB<
>AndroidMadness Team<
< LIKE MY WORK THEN FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER >
Hit Thanks If I Helped You

ShadowsDie
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzor1508 View Post

fix permisssions doesnt delete data
the problem was at the swap part