Lost root somehow?

OP GAPO

23rd January 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 309

575 posts
I rooted yesterday after being on stock for a while. I started goofing around with different ROMs. I flashed a few just to compare them, and now I seem to have lost root? SuperSU says outdated binary, but I cannot update it because it cannot find root. Simple root checker says I am rooted, but root checker days not. Help/advice?

Edit: restoring my stock rooted ROM seemed to fix this. Anybody have any idea what may have caused it?
Last edited by GAPO; 23rd January 2014 at 09:27 PM.
24th January 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,117

5,910 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPO

I rooted yesterday after being on stock for a while. I started goofing around with different ROMs. I flashed a few just to compare them, and now I seem to have lost root? SuperSU says outdated binary, but I cannot update it because it cannot find root. Simple root checker says I am rooted, but root checker days not. Help/advice?

Edit: restoring my stock rooted ROM seemed to fix this. Anybody have any idea what may have caused it?

Super user just had a significant update that has ya download a new clutch of binaries. You probably flashed a rom with outdated su binaries, didn't update the app, then flashed another, and now are unable to get root.

Try updating the app from the Play Store, let it update the binaries, reboot immediately, then see if that sets you back to normal.

Report back please.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

575 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

Super user just had a significant update that has ya download a new clutch of binaries. You probably flashed a rom with outdated su binaries, didn't update the app, then flashed another, and now are unable to get root.

Try updating the app from the Play Store, let it update the binaries, reboot immediately, then see if that sets you back to normal.

Report back please.

It seems to only be a problem with one of the ROMs. JellyBomb Domination. I have been switching between it, Toxic Swamp, Minimus, and my backup of stock rooted. The only one it has been a problem with is JellyBomb. I love JellyBomb, I just think maybe my download was corrupted somehow? I will delete the .zip and try it again to see what haopens. But with any of the other ROMS I have been bouncing between all day, it's the only one tthat seems to be affected. As soon as I flash one of the others, I download a couple of root checkers, and they're fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to GAPO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,117

5,910 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPO

It seems to only be a problem with one of the ROMs. JellyBomb Domination. I have been switching between it, Toxic Swamp, Minimus, and my backup of stock rooted. The only one it has been a problem with is JellyBomb. I love JellyBomb, I just think maybe my download was corrupted somehow? I will delete the .zip and try it again to see what haopens. But with any of the other ROMS I have been bouncing between all day, it's the only one tthat seems to be affected. As soon as I flash one of the others, I download a couple of root checkers, and they're fine.

OK, now that is a bit strange, but I would suggest that something else in the sequence of things is going on, and not the rom. The update for 3.2 has been out long enough (since January 20th), and many use the rom, so at least one user would've reported what you're noticing, and I haven't read any similar accounts of same. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'd also suggest posting this on the JellyBomb Q&A thread.

Ask that you try what I suggested first on a clean install of JellyBomb 3.2, and then report back (fresh flash, straight to the Play Store, update binaries, reboot, finish the setup of JellyBomb).

24th January 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

575 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

OK, now that is a bit strange, but I would suggest that something else in the sequence of things is going on, and not the rom. The update for 3.2 has been out long enough (since January 20th), and many use the rom, so at least one user would've reported what you're noticing, and I haven't read any similar accounts of same. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'd also suggest posting this on the JellyBomb Q&A thread.

Ask that you try what I suggested first on a clean install of JellyBomb 3.2, and then report back (fresh flash, straight to the Play Store, update binaries, reboot, finish the setup of JellyBomb).

Tried it, no good. I am re downloading now and will try again.

Edit: deleted and re-downloaded all three .zips, flashed them and everything is peachy.
Last edited by GAPO; 25th January 2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Following up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread