Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck in boot loop, no recovery or ROM access

OP LightInDark

20th January 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alness, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 24

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
My phone is stuck in a boot loop after it automatically installed an OTA update when on a custom ROM. at first recovery worked, tried installing a custom rom from fresh with the sideload in CWM, then after reboot recovery does not boot, just LG logo and restarts again. Any ideas?

Need it fixed badly no phone for 5 days now.
20th January 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightInDark

My phone is stuck in a boot loop after it automatically installed an OTA update when on a custom ROM. at first recovery worked, tried installing a custom rom from fresh with the sideload in CWM, then after reboot recovery does not boot, just LG logo and restarts again. Any ideas?

Need it fixed badly no phone for 5 days now.

I just did this today, and also am out of a phone for now, apparently I lost the software, and in the process of trying to get out of the ota i blocked twrp. Anyway, does yours just go on the lg logo and have the pulsing led? Thats what mine does and I think I can get into download mode which may help. But it wont show up when I plug it in . Good luck to you, if I figure something out ill post it here.
20th January 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alness, Scotland

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxiit

I just did this today, and also am out of a phone for now, apparently I lost the software, and in the process of trying to get out of the ota i blocked twrp. Anyway, does yours just go on the lg logo and have the pulsing led? Thats what mine does and I think I can get into download mode which may help. But it wont show up when I plug it in . Good luck to you, if I figure something out ill post it here.

No LED but it just loops on the LG logo over and over, no access to download at all, tried all combinations but if i hold in power+vol buttons it eventually just gives flashing red LED until i let go of the power then it starts boot looping again.
20th January 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #4  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightInDark

No LED but it just loops on the LG logo over and over, no access to download at all, tried all combinations but if i hold in power+vol buttons it eventually just gives flashing red LED until i let go of the power then it starts boot looping again.

The red led is what i get when I try to go into download mode too. Just holding down the down and up takes me to that and it keeps going until i press another button. Thats odd you have no led though.
20th January 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #5  

11 posts
Is this just unfixable? I really need my phone back.
20th January 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #6  

34 posts
More
Its the same thing that happened to me the other day. Theres a way to fix hopefully, try this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2582142&page=3

My posts are at the end and mine is totally unrecoverable at the moment so off to Verizon for me. There are others in my shoes too but I would try that thread first to see if you can recover. If you do go thru ubuntu and only get " /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5 "
your pretty much hosed from what I gather. No one has all the files to recover from where I'm at. See my posts on page 13 and 14.

Hopefully someone can figure this out but I cant wait for it to happen. Good luck
22nd January 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alness, Scotland

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoxjeep

Its the same thing that happened to me the other day. Theres a way to fix hopefully, try this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2582142&page=3

My posts are at the end and mine is totally unrecoverable at the moment so off to Verizon for me. There are others in my shoes too but I would try that thread first to see if you can recover. If you do go thru ubuntu and only get " /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5 "
your pretty much hosed from what I gather. No one has all the files to recover from where I'm at. See my posts on page 13 and 14.

Hopefully someone can figure this out but I cant wait for it to happen. Good luck

No doesn't work, that fix requires the phone to get PAST the LG initial turn on logo, but it only comes on for 10 seconds then reboots again, not enough time for USB to enable on the phone itself so PC can't even detect it.

Just LG for 10 seconds, off, then LG for 10 seconds and does it over and over.

Anyone else with an idea?

I'd rather not send it away because don't want to get in trouble for having recovery and custom ROM on the phone.
24th January 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #8  

9 posts
Did you figure out the solution?
I'm stuck in bootloop too, can't connect to the phone to use adb anymore after i tried to install trwp. Download mode isn't seen by my computer...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread