Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 51,008 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I flash EVR CSC on BTU?

Tip us?

AlecRobertson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
Default [Q] Can I flash EVR CSC on BTU?

Hi all,

I'd like to put the EVR CSC on my BTU N9005 as it'll work better with my carrier, which is EE (the CSC here is EE). How can I go about doing this?

I tried flashing the EVR firmware in Odin but it gave me an Ext4 error.

Thanks!

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRobertson View Post
Hi all,

I'd like to put the EVR CSC on my BTU N9005 as it'll work better with my carrier, which is EE (the CSC here is EE). How can I go about doing this?

I tried flashing the EVR firmware in Odin but it gave me an Ext4 error.

Thanks!
If the EVR is a lower bootloader than you are currently on it won't work. ie: if your BTU is MJ7 and your EVR is MJ6 you cannot do it. Not sure if you can extract the modem though... it may work. Not 100% on modems myself and you can brick if you mess up. So be careful.

EDIT: BTU should have the same settings for EE though in the .xml, has all UK carriers wrote into it. - Modem however will be slightly different I suspect
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlecRobertson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
If the EVR is a lower bootloader than you are currently on it won't work. ie: if your BTU is MJ7 and your EVR is MJ6 you cannot do it. Not sure if you can extract the modem though... it may work. Not 100% on modems myself and you can brick if you mess up. So be careful.

EDIT: BTU should have the same settings for EE though in the .xml, has all UK carriers wrote into it. - Modem however will be slightly different I suspect
Hi,

I'm on MJ7 and EE's firmware is also MJ7 so I should be fine.

Thanks for responding so quickly .

AlecRobertson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
Hi,

I've tried flashing the firmware multiple times and I keep getting an error in Odin: hidden.img fails to flash (ext4 error). Can somebody help?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,403

DONATE TO ME
Hmm, not sure why it's doing that, you could try extracting the modem from within the file and flashing just that. -- I'd assess 100% that you need to though, how bad is your signal? - any non official case blocking it? - tried another sim?
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)