XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Compose email font size too big

Tip us?

sudermatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Compose email font size too big

Anybody else noticing the font size when you compose an email using the default email client is Way too big? not gmail....but the other email client. I set this up with my office exchange email, it's also the same with my other accounts in the client.

I'm posting this here because it's not rom specific. I've experienced this on Clean, HD, and Beans.

I can't
Current Carrier: Verizon
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note Dos

Past Devices: SGN3, SGN2, SGS3, D2, Droid, TP2, TouchPro, xv6800, xv6600, sx5050, HP 6315, HP Jornada 568, HP Jornada 650, HP Jornada 350

bskarpa
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudermatt View Post
Anybody else noticing the font size when you compose an email using the default email client is Way too big? not gmail....but the other email client. I set this up with my office exchange email, it's also the same with my other accounts in the client.

I'm posting this here because it's not rom specific. I've experienced this on Clean, HD, and Beans.

I can't
Yes!! Wth.... It sucks

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bskarpa
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Any ideas on this

Take a sec and hit thanks if I helped or if you're in a good mood!

MACHEK
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Press the menu button on the left when you have mail inbox open and select font size. That should be all you need to do

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

xSNTx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHEK View Post
Press the menu button on the left when you have mail inbox open and select font size. That should be all you need to do

This does not change the compose font, it only changes the font size in the message list. I too have the same issue with default email app. i would like to be able to change the font size when composing an email.

Every other email app I tried, uses the system font size, odd that the default does not. If anyone knows how to fix, please let me know.

Thanks.

Galaxy Note 3

MACHEK
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSNTx View Post
This does not change the compose font, it only changes the font size in the message list. I too have the same issue with default email app. i would like to be able to change the font size when composing an email.

Every other email app I tried, uses the system font size, odd that the default does not. If anyone knows how to fix, please let me know.

Thanks.

Galaxy Note 3
Well if you change your default font size to tiny then composing an email your font is smaller as well, just tried it and it worked for me

xSNTx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHEK View Post
Well if you change your default font size to tiny then composing an email your font is smaller as well, just tried it and it worked for me

That does not change the composition font, for me anyway. Also, I do not want the font list in the message list to change, it is too small changing it to tiny, I just want the font size when composing and email to match the size used in the message list.