Thanks Meter 150
Default [S-OFF ONLY] Chainfire 3D

Original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1087427
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.cf3d&hl=en

All credits are going to:
@Chainfire

I'm sure some of you have heard about this magic app
In few words:
Chainfire 3D was created for users with weaker phones to run some of the new games. It may reduce texture size, emulate some buffers that are not compatible with older GPUs etc... Sometimes it works, sometimes not, as it's in Android world

As booth HOV wariants are now S-OFF, we can play with CF3D. I know that it's written, that it may not work on ICS/JB in original thread, but I've manage to install and set up it without any problems...

I've tested it with Assasin's Creed Pirates. When I've downloaded and installed AC Pirates, it won't work - I was kicked out to homescreen. But when I've run it through CF3D with checked "Reduce textures size", "Reduce texture quality" and "Disable BGRA emulation", I've managed to get through loading screen, video, go to options, turn of sound, hit play button and get to the end of the loading and... FC, due to HOV's weak hardware

But it shows that CF3D is finally working on HOV I think it may work with a bit older games like Modern Combat 3, Modern Combat 4, N.O.V.A. 3, Aphalt 7, 8 and some others tittles

Good luck mates
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4

Ringford
Old
Thanks Meter 36
What about other games? Since I don't S-Off my phone yet and I will if this app really works.

parkourz
Old
(Last edited by parkourz; 13th December 2013 at 01:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringford View Post
What about other games? Since I don't S-Off my phone yet and I will if this app really works.
I've tested AC Pirates only for now... It will be easier to test if I only manage to set up reversre USB tethering on my Live USB Mint 15
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4

Krait-Haywire
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Did anyone test any other game ?
And is it mandatory to be on S Off to use Chainfire 3D ?
HTC One V

ROM: Ignorance V4
Kernel: Titanium - Kiss

HTC 8S

Stock

rohail009
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krait-Haywire View Post
Did anyone test any other game ?
And is it mandatory to be on S Off to use Chainfire 3D ?
Aphalt 7 and bombshells (glu) tried on both ... worked reduce texture size as well as quality, Didnt work on dead trigger 2 ,eternity warriors 2 archangels and neon shadow ....