Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 41,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Htc One X Unique problem

Tip us?

waynold78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Asking for a ROM recommendation isn't allowed on XDA so I can't answer that question, here's why. To say one ROM is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs free of charge.

Each user has different tastes anyway. Some people like Sense ROMs, some like aosp ROMs. Personally I'm an aosp guy, aosp ROMs are generally a bit snappier, plus you can run the latest version of Android (Sense ROMs are limited to 4.2.2 for our device). I'd suggest having a look at the ROMs on offer, check out their features and pick one to flash. If you don't end up liking it you can always just flash another, and that's half the fun.

As a side note, getting s-off via Rumrunner s-off seems to work better on Sense ROMs. I know someone very recently got s-off while on the Kickdroid ROM so if you do want to get s-off I'd suggest flashing that ROM purely for the s-off process. You might like it and want to stay on it, if not just flash away.

Sent from my Evita
I understand and apologize, Never thought of it that way,

Anyways an update, I followed your tutorial, and I am not having much luck here, It still maintains to say NO OS installed (through twrp when rebooting after I do adb and such)
maybe I am missing something ?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,197

DONATE TO ME
Adb or fastboot?

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

waynold78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Adb or fastboot?

Sent from my Evita
Fastboot,

Small update I did manage to get a rootbox rom to load, but its not stable by anymeans...Ugh super frustrated with it

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,197

DONATE TO ME
Are you wiping in TWRP before flashing? It's very important to wipe system/factory reset/cache/dalvik cache before installing a ROM. Just never do a factory reset in the bootloader, that'll corrupt your sd card.

Sent from my Evita

waynold78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are you wiping in TWRP before flashing? It's very important to wipe system/factory reset/cache/dalvik cache before installing a ROM. Just never do a factory reset in the bootloader, that'll corrupt your sd card.

Sent from my Evita
Yes to wiping before flashing in TWRP just those ones mentioned, (if you do sd you loose your flash right?), anyways the rom I flashed yesterday was super unstable, just trying a few diff. ones out and trying to find one that will continue to stay working lol!! Your tutorial in your signature is very helpful
thank you so much for all your help,and patience

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,197

DONATE TO ME
Yeah you don't want to wipe sd card/internal storage or you'll lose all of your personal data like images, music, ROM zips, backups.

Sent from my Evita

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waynold78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yeah you don't want to wipe sd card/internal storage or you'll lose all of your personal data like images, music, ROM zips, backups.

Sent from my Evita
Oh this is a clean phone, I already backed up on pc Before lol
Question though, I installed Viper again(just to try it) and it loads a menu showing ram, one of the memory sections shows -1? is this correct?

waynold78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
On a side note, I got Venom up and running and WOW!!!
once again, a super thank you for your patience and help all along Timmaaa,

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,197

DONATE TO ME
I'm not sure what you're talking about, is that after booting into the ROM? Can you show me a screenshot?

Sent from my Evita

waynold78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about, is that after booting into the ROM? Can you show me a screenshot?

Sent from my Evita
it was while I was installing, everything seems fine, still no wifi(original issue)
im thinking the logic board may be buggered...sad day...lol
But, it is fast as heck now, running venom rom, I will try to get S-off and then maybe try to get it so I can load up the 4.4X roms
Thanks for all the help