Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Htc One X Unique problem

OP waynold78

23rd January 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag KW
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Asking for a ROM recommendation isn't allowed on XDA so I can't answer that question, here's why. To say one ROM is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs free of charge.

Each user has different tastes anyway. Some people like Sense ROMs, some like aosp ROMs. Personally I'm an aosp guy, aosp ROMs are generally a bit snappier, plus you can run the latest version of Android (Sense ROMs are limited to 4.2.2 for our device). I'd suggest having a look at the ROMs on offer, check out their features and pick one to flash. If you don't end up liking it you can always just flash another, and that's half the fun.

As a side note, getting s-off via Rumrunner s-off seems to work better on Sense ROMs. I know someone very recently got s-off while on the Kickdroid ROM so if you do want to get s-off I'd suggest flashing that ROM purely for the s-off process. You might like it and want to stay on it, if not just flash away.

Sent from my Evita

I understand and apologize, Never thought of it that way,

Anyways an update, I followed your tutorial, and I am not having much luck here, It still maintains to say NO OS installed (through twrp when rebooting after I do adb and such)
maybe I am missing something ?
24th January 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,178

14,942 posts
Donate to Me
More
Adb or fastboot?

Sent from my Evita
24th January 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag KW

25 posts
More
Quote:

Adb or fastboot?

Sent from my Evita

Fastboot,

Small update I did manage to get a rootbox rom to load, but its not stable by anymeans...Ugh super frustrated with it
24th January 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,942 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you wiping in TWRP before flashing? It's very important to wipe system/factory reset/cache/dalvik cache before installing a ROM. Just never do a factory reset in the bootloader, that'll corrupt your sd card.

Sent from my Evita
24th January 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Flag KW

25 posts
More
Quote:

Are you wiping in TWRP before flashing? It's very important to wipe system/factory reset/cache/dalvik cache before installing a ROM. Just never do a factory reset in the bootloader, that'll corrupt your sd card.

Sent from my Evita

Yes to wiping before flashing in TWRP just those ones mentioned, (if you do sd you loose your flash right?), anyways the rom I flashed yesterday was super unstable, just trying a few diff. ones out and trying to find one that will continue to stay working lol!! Your tutorial in your signature is very helpful
thank you so much for all your help,and patience
24th January 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,942 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah you don't want to wipe sd card/internal storage or you'll lose all of your personal data like images, music, ROM zips, backups.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Flag KW

25 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah you don't want to wipe sd card/internal storage or you'll lose all of your personal data like images, music, ROM zips, backups.

Sent from my Evita

Oh this is a clean phone, I already backed up on pc Before lol
Question though, I installed Viper again(just to try it) and it loads a menu showing ram, one of the memory sections shows -1? is this correct?
24th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member
Flag KW

25 posts
More
On a side note, I got Venom up and running and WOW!!!
once again, a super thank you for your patience and help all along Timmaaa,
24th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,942 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm not sure what you're talking about, is that after booting into the ROM? Can you show me a screenshot?

Sent from my Evita
24th January 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #20  
OP Junior Member
Flag KW

25 posts
More
Quote:

I'm not sure what you're talking about, is that after booting into the ROM? Can you show me a screenshot?

Sent from my Evita

it was while I was installing, everything seems fine, still no wifi(original issue)
im thinking the logic board may be buggered...sad day...lol
But, it is fast as heck now, running venom rom, I will try to get S-off and then maybe try to get it so I can load up the 4.4X roms
Thanks for all the help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread