Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 43,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]how to run TWRP recovery when Booting?

Tip us?

afrizal87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q]how to run TWRP recovery when Booting?

hi guys im totally new with G2,im with sony's device earlier.i have installed twrp recovery but the only way to run it is i have to install another apps like quick boot to run to recovery mode.when i was on sony's device i just simply press vol up button when sony's logo comes.another methods is simply tap sony's logo.but on LG G2 i can't do that.anyone know how to run to TWRP recovery when restarting the phone.this is really matter when we got stuck an bootloop or something went wrong and we need force restart and go to recovery.please help me

flutterguy317
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrizal87 View Post
hi guys im totally new with G2,im with sony's device earlier.i have installed twrp recovery but the only way to run it is i have to install another apps like quick boot to run to recovery mode.when i was on sony's device i just simply press vol up button when sony's logo comes.another methods is simply tap sony's logo.but on LG G2 i can't do that.anyone know how to run to TWRP recovery when restarting the phone.this is really matter when we got stuck an bootloop or something went wrong and we need force restart and go to recovery.please help me
You can get into TWRP by pressing and holding the power and volume down keys until the phone reboots, releasing them, then pressing and holding them again once the LG logo comes up. It's a little tricky and might take a couple of times to get the timing right. There will be a white screen that says "Factory hard reset" (which just means boot into recovery since the default recovery performs a factory reset). Press the power button 3 times to confirm and you'll enter TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to flutterguy317 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abubakrg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the info, haha Ive been using ROM manager to get me into recovery since I never knew how to get there using hardware buttons
The Following User Says Thank You to abubakrg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sisyphus306
Old
Thanks Meter 17
You can also install GooManager from the Play Store. It has an option to reboot to recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sisyphus306 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

afrizal87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
thank you soo much now i desire to custom my device hehee
Tags
d802 forum, lg g2, recovery, root, twrp