Camera Error whatever custom rom installed

Tip us?

Bllooi
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandok View Post
Hello everybody,

I recently bought an HTC ONE and first thing i've done was to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery and a custom ROM.

I chose to install CM11 latest nightly but unfortunately after installing it, I discovered that the Camera didn't work and every time I launched the app it displayed a message stating "can't connect to camera". I tried a lot of different camera app and none of them worked.

I then tried CM10.2 stable and OneDroid but the same problem occurred. I also tried different custom recovery like TWRP, CWM and Philz. Of course each time I did a clean install by clearing everything

But when I flash the stock ROM the camera works perfectly.

Do i need to S-OFF to make the camera work? Do i need to modify some thing in the camera's files ?

Please could somebody help me, I hate the stock ROM.

*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.401.1
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Thank you !
Hmm. Seems that HTC is weirdly changing the sensor every few months... Different manufacturers of course... I had the same problem but after sending it to repaint last October it worked fine (in Asia) you guys may have gotten something from the same supplier... Weird... HTC needs to stop changing manufacturers

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
Devices : HTC One (Current), Galaxy S4, Galaxy Camera, HTC One X+, HTC Sensation, IPhone 3GS
ROM: ROM: Bouncing from ROM to ROM.
Kernal: STi V19
shenweilooi@gmail.com
Add Me As A Friend On Steam! CLICK HERE [/COLOR]
HIT ME UP WITH A THANKS

blackhawk_LA
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I have this problem too... I love CM but I will have to use GPE ROMs... Let's try and hope that CM11 will fix this soon.

popy2006
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Make an logcat when you start camera and post it in the cm thread. This would help the devs a lot.

Cu pOpY

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

quba2ill
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default figured it out, i think

So after about 3 weeks of trying EVERYTHING to get my camera to work on AOSP roms, i believe I've figured it out. It seems that our devices are using the Nexus 5 camera (or atleast thats what needs to be installed with your gapps for the camera to work). This would probably explain why all the GPE roms have a working camera since photosphere is a google thing (atleast i think).

So here is your solution.

Make sure you download your gapps package from here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

From there, follow the steps of creating the .forcephotosphere file and input "hammerhead"(no quotation marks inside file) inside the file. (creating a txt and renaming the file will work just fine.

Flash your AOSP rom of your choice and make sure to flash the PA Gapps package of your choice.

During your gapps flash you should notice that it says it is installing the Nexus 5 Camera/Gallery.

Wipe cache before rebooting and your camera should now work on your AOSP rom.

I've only tried the newest CM11 and it's working fine. I will be trying a TON of other roms tonight, now that i got this camera thing setteled...

PHEW

I did go through the google edition conversion on my att m7 so if this does not work, you may want to try doing the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quba2ill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mandok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by quba2ill View Post
So after about 3 weeks of trying EVERYTHING to get my camera to work on AOSP roms, i believe I've figured it out. It seems that our devices are using the Nexus 5 camera (or atleast thats what needs to be installed with your gapps for the camera to work). This would probably explain why all the GPE roms have a working camera since photosphere is a google thing (atleast i think).

So here is your solution.

Make sure you download your gapps package from here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

From there, follow the steps of creating the .forcephotosphere file and input "hammerhead"(no quotation marks inside file) inside the file. (creating a txt and renaming the file will work just fine.

Flash your AOSP rom of your choice and make sure to flash the PA Gapps package of your choice.

During your gapps flash you should notice that it says it is installing the Nexus 5 Camera/Gallery.

Wipe cache before rebooting and your camera should now work on your AOSP rom.

I've only tried the newest CM11 and it's working fine. I will be trying a TON of other roms tonight, now that i got this camera thing setteled...

PHEW

I did go through the google edition conversion on my att m7 so if this does not work, you may want to try doing the same.

YES !!!! IT WORKS !!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your solution. Thank you for making it your first post !

quba2ill
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandok View Post
YES !!!! IT WORKS !!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your solution. Thank you for making it your first post !

I made an account in desperation to upload a logcat as the thread suggested. I could not find the courage to do it because I felt as if I was missing something because otherwise someone would have already posted to the CM thread with the same issue. In my desperation, I even sent out a private message to one of the forum members asking if they ever found a solution, hahaha. Anyways, enjoy your AOSP because I know there isn't going to be ANY work getting done tomorrow at my office! hahaha

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1462
Most recent cm11 nightly includes the missing libs for the newer camera.
<this>
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quba2ill
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt View Post
Most recent cm11 nightly includes the missing libs for the newer camera.
..... i knew i should of checked the changelogs before thinking i did something miraculous. :

bah anyway... at least everyone who posted in this thread has the heads up that CM11 has corrected the issue and we can now begin to enjoy the awesomeness they've always brought us... Thanks for correcting my stupidity.