Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Store failed to popup new updates

Tip us?

bogdan99999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Store failed to popup new updates

Hello. I have lumia 520 and I have a problem with the store app. When an update is avalaible it don't show me that. I need to go to search, search for that app and there I can see "update" instead os "install" button.

What can I do in order to make it show avalaible updates?

elia222
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan99999 View Post
Hello. I have lumia 520 and I have a problem with the store app. When an update is avalaible it don't show me that. I need to go to search, search for that app and there I can see "update" instead os "install" button.

What can I do in order to make it show avalaible updates?
Your phone doesn't check the store for updates very often. Probably only like 1 time a day. But in most cases, that is plenty. So you were just in between the times it was checking for updates.

Once you go to an app though, it's like manually checking for the update, so that's why it showed up then.

Microsoft commented that it was an issue they were working on.

My suggestion is to use an app as SysApp Pusher, add all your apps and check periodically if there are updates with it.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
Do you have cellular data, or another always-on Internet connection, enabled? I have heard that if the phone can't connect to the Internet at the scheduled check-for-Store-updates time, it simply skips it. If that time falls at a point when you have limited or no Internet access every day, it will never show waiting updates at all.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

bogdan99999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by elia222 View Post
Your phone doesn't check the store for updates very often. Probably only like 1 time a day. But in most cases, that is plenty. So you were just in between the times it was checking for updates.

Once you go to an app though, it's like manually checking for the update, so that's why it showed up then.

Microsoft commented that it was an issue they were working on.

My suggestion is to use an app as SysApp Pusher, add all your apps and check periodically if there are updates with it.
Ok, tnx for answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Do you have cellular data, or another always-on Internet connection, enabled? I have heard that if the phone can't connect to the Internet at the scheduled check-for-Store-updates time, it simply skips it. If that time falls at a point when you have limited or no Internet access every day, it will never show waiting updates at all.
I heard that too, but how can I find when is that time? I cant, right?

dxdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1655

DONATE TO ME
apps like SysApp Pusher or Update Checker can scan and show you which apps have updates...

in SysApp Pusher you can make list of own apps to check updates... and dont forget make first scan for updates after install SysApp Pusher to retrieve current version info from store
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)