Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 35,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

kernel update?

Tip us?

onex007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default kernel update?

hi guys im new to updating kernel so my question is wich kernel is the most stable,best? and how do i update? what are the risks? some one please explain

Poojan Patel
Old
Thanks Meter 33
stock kernels are most stable..there is no risk in updating stock kernel if update is available,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to Poojan Patel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onex007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poojan Patel View Post
stock kernels are most stable..there is no risk in updating stock kernel if update is available,,,
Thank you for answering can u please link me the newest kernel for htc one x i couldn't find, how do I know that I have the newest one?

M@c|-|oR
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by onex007 View Post
Thank you for answering can u please link me the newest kernel for htc one x i couldn't find, how do I know that I have the newest one?
Kernel goes together with the ROM, so if you have the most recent ROM, you also have the most recent kernel, too.
Slim Kat 7.4
KitKat 4.4.4
@280dpi (my arms are too short for lower )
The Following User Says Thank You to M@c|-|oR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onex007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@c|-|oR View Post
Kernel goes together with the ROM, so if you have the most recent ROM, you also have the most recent kernel, too.
thank for the answere