Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK2 mobile Odin ROM options

Tip us?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticaons View Post
Ok looking like I misunderstood then. Thanks for the clarification. I don't think I trust the idea of the safestrap. I know it's safer, but I have been flashing ROMs for years and the recovery method makes me warm and tingly. I don't think they'll ever crack into the ability to flash the way we're all used to. For every genius we have that's capable of figuring it out, Samsung has 10 that can stop it. I pray they get it, but my hopes are fading.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
safestrap has been around for years for other phones and recently hashcode ported to the S4 last fall. I have used it since that time with zero issues and have been running several ROMs at a time to evaluate, with again no issues with safestrap. Not sure why you wouldn't "trust it".....as it gives all us non-MDK owners ability to run something else than just stock.
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
safestrap has been around for years for other phones and recently hashcode ported to the S4 last fall. I have used it since that time with zero issues and have been running several ROMs at a time to evaluate, with again no issues with safestrap. Not sure why you wouldn't "trust it".....as it gives all us non-MDK owners ability to run something else than just stock.
Exactly, I've been hammering away on Safestrap since my RAZR and it's really safe just like the name implies. Granted I could flash AOSP on the razr, but my guess is at some point kexec will come around for the S4 as well. Too many really smart people working on that project for it to fail in my opinion.

Anyways.... For now Safestrap is awesome, and happy to have it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Decepticaons
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Now if there were more ROM options lol!

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticaons View Post
Now if there were more ROM options lol!

slowly getting there. Takes some time and while many SS roms are available they all come up short to my main day to day HD12 Rom....battery life is simply amazing
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat