Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 rom

OP wajahebat

24th January 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 122

598 posts
More
Hello there, im on N9005 stock rooted 4.3 Rom...I wanna upgrade to 4.4 custom stock rom...

Im confused right now...Can i just download any stock based custom rom ( like : sweetrom ) and just flash it in CWM recovery?

And do the root stays? Or i need to do another different way?
24th January 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 330

1,099 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajahebat

Hello there, im on N9005 stock rooted 4.3 Rom...I wanna upgrade to 4.4 custom stock rom...

Im confused right now...Can i just download any stock based custom rom ( like : sweetrom ) and just flash it in CWM recovery?

And do the root stays? Or i need to do another different way?

You will have to flash a 4.4 rom first ( official or leaked doesn't matter ) because you need to update your bootloader to run 4.4. No root won't stay so you will have to re-root and install custom recovery too. Also, you can't go back to 4.3 once you update to 4.4.
24th January 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

You will have to flash a 4.4 rom first ( official or leaked doesn't matter ) because you need to update your bootloader to run 4.4. No root won't stay so you will have to re-root and install custom recovery too. Also, you can't go back to 4.3 once you update to 4.4.

Okay noted, if i want to flash the official 4.4 roms, can i just do it with Odin ?
24th January 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,467

3,612 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay noted, if i want to flash the official 4.4 roms, can i just do it with Odin ?

Yup flash via Odin
24th January 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Yup flash via Odin

About the steps ? Bcoz i read some tutorial said that i need to flash 4 different files...That is for leaked firmware is it ?

There are plenty official rom release 4.4 already, if the official ones do i need to flash like the leaked ones?
24th January 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 330

1,099 posts
Quote:

About the steps ? Bcoz i read some tutorial said that i need to flash 4 different files...That is for leaked firmware is it ?

There are plenty official rom release 4.4 already, if the official ones do i need to flash like the leaked ones?

Official is a single file you put in AP/PDA so it's easier and less confusing which files goes where.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #7  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,467

3,612 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Download THIS - put your device into download mode, unrar the .zip load the file into PDA slot and hit start.

It's the single Official Polish ROM

EDIT @hey_joe beat me to it

The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread