Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 rom

Tip us?

wajahebat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Default Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 rom

Hello there, im on N9005 stock rooted 4.3 Rom...I wanna upgrade to 4.4 custom stock rom...

Im confused right now...Can i just download any stock based custom rom ( like : sweetrom ) and just flash it in CWM recovery?

And do the root stays? Or i need to do another different way?
Free Community -> Open Source -> World With No Limits

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajahebat View Post
Hello there, im on N9005 stock rooted 4.3 Rom...I wanna upgrade to 4.4 custom stock rom...

Im confused right now...Can i just download any stock based custom rom ( like : sweetrom ) and just flash it in CWM recovery?

And do the root stays? Or i need to do another different way?
You will have to flash a 4.4 rom first ( official or leaked doesn't matter ) because you need to update your bootloader to run 4.4. No root won't stay so you will have to re-root and install custom recovery too. Also, you can't go back to 4.3 once you update to 4.4.

wajahebat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
You will have to flash a 4.4 rom first ( official or leaked doesn't matter ) because you need to update your bootloader to run 4.4. No root won't stay so you will have to re-root and install custom recovery too. Also, you can't go back to 4.3 once you update to 4.4.
Okay noted, if i want to flash the official 4.4 roms, can i just do it with Odin ?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1399

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay noted, if i want to flash the official 4.4 roms, can i just do it with Odin ?
Yup flash via Odin
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

wajahebat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Yup flash via Odin
About the steps ? Bcoz i read some tutorial said that i need to flash 4 different files...That is for leaked firmware is it ?

There are plenty official rom release 4.4 already, if the official ones do i need to flash like the leaked ones?

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
About the steps ? Bcoz i read some tutorial said that i need to flash 4 different files...That is for leaked firmware is it ?

There are plenty official rom release 4.4 already, if the official ones do i need to flash like the leaked ones?
Official is a single file you put in AP/PDA so it's easier and less confusing which files goes where.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1399

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Download THIS - put your device into download mode, unrar the .zip load the file into PDA slot and hit start.

It's the single Official Polish ROM

EDIT @hey_joe beat me to it
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]