FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 rom

755 posts
Thanks Meter: 186
 
By wajahebat, Senior Member on 24th January 2014, 05:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello there, im on N9005 stock rooted 4.3 Rom...I wanna upgrade to 4.4 custom stock rom...

Im confused right now...Can i just download any stock based custom rom ( like : sweetrom ) and just flash it in CWM recovery?

And do the root stays? Or i need to do another different way?
 
 
24th January 2014, 05:14 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 412
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajahebat

Hello there, im on N9005 stock rooted 4.3 Rom...I wanna upgrade to 4.4 custom stock rom...

Im confused right now...Can i just download any stock based custom rom ( like : sweetrom ) and just flash it in CWM recovery?

And do the root stays? Or i need to do another different way?

You will have to flash a 4.4 rom first ( official or leaked doesn't matter ) because you need to update your bootloader to run 4.4. No root won't stay so you will have to re-root and install custom recovery too. Also, you can't go back to 4.3 once you update to 4.4.
24th January 2014, 05:20 PM |#3  
wajahebat's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

You will have to flash a 4.4 rom first ( official or leaked doesn't matter ) because you need to update your bootloader to run 4.4. No root won't stay so you will have to re-root and install custom recovery too. Also, you can't go back to 4.3 once you update to 4.4.

Okay noted, if i want to flash the official 4.4 roms, can i just do it with Odin ?
24th January 2014, 05:22 PM |#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajahebat

Okay noted, if i want to flash the official 4.4 roms, can i just do it with Odin ?

Yup flash via Odin
24th January 2014, 05:29 PM |#5  
wajahebat's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Yup flash via Odin

About the steps ? Bcoz i read some tutorial said that i need to flash 4 different files...That is for leaked firmware is it ?

There are plenty official rom release 4.4 already, if the official ones do i need to flash like the leaked ones?
24th January 2014, 05:31 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 412
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajahebat

About the steps ? Bcoz i read some tutorial said that i need to flash 4 different files...That is for leaked firmware is it ?

There are plenty official rom release 4.4 already, if the official ones do i need to flash like the leaked ones?

Official is a single file you put in AP/PDA so it's easier and less confusing which files goes where.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 05:31 PM |#7  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajahebat

About the steps ? Bcoz i read some tutorial said that i need to flash 4 different files...That is for leaked firmware is it ?

There are plenty official rom release 4.4 already, if the official ones do i need to flash like the leaked ones?

Download THIS - put your device into download mode, unrar the .zip load the file into PDA slot and hit start.

It's the single Official Polish ROM


EDIT @hey_joe beat me to it
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes