Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 37,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root a Droid Razr Maxx HD

Tip us?

chad740
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Root a Droid Razr Maxx HD

I found the thread on confirmed Root for 9.30.1 of my Razr Maxx HD. Ive never done a root on android before. Is there a sticky or a thd detailinig how to do it on the new system? I want to make sure I download the correct files and install the correct apps before I start so I dont brick my phone. From what I read I can also install a ROM using safestrap? Where do I get these ROMS? I believe I read one was called Blurry? When KitKat comes out will it automaticaly upgrade my phone or do I have the option of not installing that version? Dont want to loose my root and never get it back. Thanx for any help havent installed a rom on a phone since window phones were popular.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad740 View Post
I found the thread on confirmed Root for 9.30.1 of my Razr Maxx HD. Ive never done a root on android before. Is there a sticky or a thd detailinig how to do it on the new system? I want to make sure I download the correct files and install the correct apps before I start so I dont brick my phone. From what I read I can also install a ROM using safestrap? Where do I get these ROMS? I believe I read one was called Blurry? When KitKat comes out will it automaticaly upgrade my phone or do I have the option of not installing that version? Dont want to loose my root and never get it back. Thanx for any help havent installed a rom on a phone since window phones were popular.
BlurUpdater-vzw.apk is what you want to freeze or rename to .bak.
Here is good advice
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post49729015
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
droid, maxx, razr, xt926