Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Advice buying a galaxy tab 3 8" or not

OP ayziaa

20th January 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
I tested both CM 10.2 and 11 and both feel smoother than the stock rom.
After debloating the stock rom, its performance is pretty good too (I also don't play games on it).

My only complaint is the battery life. Even on low screen brightness the battery drains out pretty fast.
22nd January 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 60

219 posts
I think the battery is really good compared to the likes of my note 10.1 2014 but what do you expect I guess. If only our device's would last a week without charging! but that's not going to happen any time soon. I get a good 8-10 hours screen on time at 80% brightness. Wouldn't say there's many bad points about this tab apart from touchwiz but that's easy to get rid of. The video playback is poor in all players I've tried expect for bsplayer but that's the same on my note though. So don't know what the problem is there other than Samsung's poor coding. If you need super fast try the lg g pad for that little bit extra money

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Qbm; 22nd January 2014 at 03:42 AM.
22nd January 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbm

I think the battery is really good compared to the likes of my note 10.1 2014 but what do you expect I guess. If only our device's would last a week without charging! but that's not going to happen any time soon. I get a good 8-10 hours screen on time at 80% brightness. Wouldn't say there's many bad points about this tab apart from touchwiz but that's easy to get rid of. The video playback is poor in all players I've tried expect for bsplayer but that's the same on my note though. So don't know what the problem is there other than Samsung's poor coding. If you need super fast try the lg g pad for that little bit extra money

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

8-10 hours on 80% is great Qbm. I get about 5-6 on 20%
24th January 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 15

204 posts
I received one for christmas. I love the larger screen size over the Nexus 7. Smaller bezel means harder to hold, but I picked up a Chil Notchbook cover and it works great.

My one complaint about the Tab 3 8.0 is the lower resolution than the HD screen of the Nexus 7. My Galaxy s4 has an HD screen. I just wish my Tab 3 8.0 did as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread