XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Optimizing modem for i317 on T-mobile network

Tip us?

hexagonation
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Optimizing modem for i317 on T-mobile network

I bought a used ATT I317 for use on T-mobile network. Just got everything set up, had to flash the J2 modem in order to work around the unlock. Without any further tinkering, it looks like I am getting access to the 4G network via notification (no indication of access to LTE) but getting highest speeds of about 10.25 Mbps down 2.5 up, and lower speeds of 3 Mbps down. I'm wondering if an updated ATT modem would remedy this problem or if I should get a T-mobile based ROM and flash the updated T889 modem to it?

Many of the posts I have come across are older and I believe before the tower integration. Not sure if it is necessary to go further in modem modification or do the AWS band work around. I have my phone rooted and plan to try out different ROMs, especially cyanogen and DittoNote 3, would it work better for me to access the T889 bands from variants of those, or other ROMs?

ilaf0106
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexagonation View Post
I bought a used ATT I317 for use on T-mobile network. Just got everything set up, had to flash the J2 modem in order to work around the unlock. Without any further tinkering, it looks like I am getting access to the 4G network via notification (no indication of access to LTE) but getting highest speeds of about 10.25 Mbps down 2.5 up, and lower speeds of 3 Mbps down. I'm wondering if an updated ATT modem would remedy this problem or if I should get a T-mobile based ROM and flash the updated T889 modem to it?

Many of the posts I have come across are older and I believe before the tower integration. Not sure if it is necessary to go further in modem modification or do the AWS band work around. I have my phone rooted and plan to try out different ROMs, especially cyanogen and DittoNote 3, would it work better for me to access the T889 bands from variants of those, or other ROMs?
yeah first do the latest modem and then the aws mod.
because each time you flash any kind of modem you need to re do the mod
The Following User Says Thank You to ilaf0106 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hexagonation
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ah okay thanks. So I should put the latest ATT modem on there and with the AWS mod it should take care of all of my 4G and LTE issues? Then on top of that I should be able to flash any ROM without issue?

Do you happen to have a link to the latest i317 modem?

ilaf0106
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:

yeah first do the latest modem and then the aws mod.
because each time you flash any kind of modem you need to re do the mod

hexagonation
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
is the UCUBMK6 the current i317 modem? and will the CWM file work on TWRP? (i317-cwm-ucubmk6-modem.zip, from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891). If its not current, I haven't been able to find whatever is the most up to date modem

ilaf0106
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
is the UCUBMK6 the current i317 modem? and will the CWM file work on TWRP? (i317-cwm-ucubmk6-modem.zip, from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891). If its not current, I haven't been able to find whatever is the most up to date modem
yup this the latest and it should work with twrp