FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

confused with root

198 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By skyh1gh, Senior Member on 24th January 2014, 12:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
well, here is my problem. i have or had root on my phone. since yesterday after using zoot script on 4.3 something went terribly wrong. every time i try to exit philz recovery i got a msg about fixing root which i didn't have earlier. root checker said i have root but still triangle away said that there is no root on my phone. i am not sure if bootloader has something with it. bootloader v.: n7100xxuemk9. knox warranty is 1. tried sveral times to root via dr.ketan tool v6 and odin. any suggestion? do i need mj5 bootloader? not sure anymore...

24th January 2014, 02:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Smile possible root solution
I'm running 4.3 with the MJ5 bootloader and stock recovery. I have had success using saferoot to regain SuperSU and associated functionality back.

I had root with 4.1.2.
After 4.3, I sorta had partial root. Apps could be granted root, but I was unable to update SuperSU.
For me, I had to unroot the device and then use saferoot multiple times to eventually get a successful root with the latest SuperSU.
After all this, and even when I had partial root, ES File Explorer doesn't seem to be able to remount /system as RW on 4.3.
I haven't had any issue remounting /system as RW from a shell console on a PC via adb.

saferoot installed the latest SuperSU so I still don't know if I'll be able to update, but for now its current.

You can find info on saferoot here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

best of luck,
Ddfault
24th January 2014, 07:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfault

I'm running 4.3 with the MJ5 bootloader and stock recovery. I have had success using saferoot to regain SuperSU and associated functionality back.

I had root with 4.1.2.
After 4.3, I sorta had partial root. Apps could be granted root, but I was unable to update SuperSU.
For me, I had to unroot the device and then use saferoot multiple times to eventually get a successful root with the latest SuperSU.
After all this, and even when I had partial root, ES File Explorer doesn't seem to be able to remount /system as RW on 4.3.
I haven't had any issue remounting /system as RW from a shell console on a PC via adb.

saferoot installed the latest SuperSU so I still don't know if I'll be able to update, but for now its current.

You can find info on saferoot here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

best of luck,
Ddfault

tnx, i tried and it didn't work.
what i did and what helped me is
1. zoot's script (mega wipe)
2. root with odin (before flashing rom)
3. flash rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)