confused with root

OP skyh1gh

24th January 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 29

197 posts
More
well, here is my problem. i have or had root on my phone. since yesterday after using zoot script on 4.3 something went terribly wrong. every time i try to exit philz recovery i got a msg about fixing root which i didn't have earlier. root checker said i have root but still triangle away said that there is no root on my phone. i am not sure if bootloader has something with it. bootloader v.: n7100xxuemk9. knox warranty is 1. tried sveral times to root via dr.ketan tool v6 and odin. any suggestion? do i need mj5 bootloader? not sure anymore...
Last edited by skyh1gh; 24th January 2014 at 04:10 PM.
24th January 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
More
Smile possible root solution
I'm running 4.3 with the MJ5 bootloader and stock recovery. I have had success using saferoot to regain SuperSU and associated functionality back.

I had root with 4.1.2.
After 4.3, I sorta had partial root. Apps could be granted root, but I was unable to update SuperSU.
For me, I had to unroot the device and then use saferoot multiple times to eventually get a successful root with the latest SuperSU.
After all this, and even when I had partial root, ES File Explorer doesn't seem to be able to remount /system as RW on 4.3.
I haven't had any issue remounting /system as RW from a shell console on a PC via adb.

saferoot installed the latest SuperSU so I still don't know if I'll be able to update, but for now its current.

You can find info on saferoot here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

best of luck,
Ddfault
24th January 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 29

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfault

I'm running 4.3 with the MJ5 bootloader and stock recovery. I have had success using saferoot to regain SuperSU and associated functionality back.

I had root with 4.1.2.
After 4.3, I sorta had partial root. Apps could be granted root, but I was unable to update SuperSU.
For me, I had to unroot the device and then use saferoot multiple times to eventually get a successful root with the latest SuperSU.
After all this, and even when I had partial root, ES File Explorer doesn't seem to be able to remount /system as RW on 4.3.
I haven't had any issue remounting /system as RW from a shell console on a PC via adb.

saferoot installed the latest SuperSU so I still don't know if I'll be able to update, but for now its current.

You can find info on saferoot here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

best of luck,
Ddfault

tnx, i tried and it didn't work.
what i did and what helped me is
1. zoot's script (mega wipe)
2. root with odin (before flashing rom)
3. flash rom
Last edited by skyh1gh; 24th January 2014 at 08:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread