Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q] Problem with #NCSIG# and #NCSIGN# on SGS3/Sprint

OP Doktor Jones

24th January 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #11  
Flag Mulvane, KS
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Jones

Yeah... I can't use dbm either, because it's supposed to be a negative value, but when I connect to LTE it goes to +85 o_O

If you use the code i posted it will allow for a progress part to work....you have to basically make it negative. I saw the positive on my LTE on my N5 and that is how i got it to work with a progress bar. However i didn't check to see what the regular signal for voice would show up as...if that is already negative i will make modifications to my code and post it...going to check that right now.

EDIT: I just tested it and voice goes to a negative number so i will make changes to the code and re-post for you guys.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Okay i got the new code for the value section on a progress bar that will allow for the change...my N5 only connects to LTE unless i need to make or get a call then it switches networks from Data to Voice network and thus why i didn't think about the issue you just brought up...

here's the code hope this helps....
Code:
$#NCELL#=Sprint && #NCSIGN#>-1?(#NCSIGN#*-1):#NCSIGN#$ $#NCELL#!=Sprint?#NCSIG#$
Last edited by BlueDrgBlade; 24th January 2014 at 06:23 PM.
24th January 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDrgBlade

If you use the code i posted it will allow for a progress part to work....you have to basically make it negative. I saw the positive on my LTE on my N5 and that is how i got it to work with a progress bar. However i didn't check to see what the regular signal for voice would show up as...if that is already negative i will make modifications to my code and post it...going to check that right now.

That doesn't actually solve the problem; normally (1x, 3G, EHRPD) the values are already negative, ranging from -125 to about -60 (theoretically it could go much higher, but -62 is the best I've ever seen, standing within ~100yd of a tower with LOS). If I just use some math magic to make the invert the positive, it still doesn't resolve the fact that the 85 is an entirely invalid value. However, doing some more Googling, it looks more like it might be a ROM-related issue with Sprint LTE; in other words, ZW gets bad data, and just merrily runs along with it.
24th January 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #13  
Flag Mulvane, KS
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Jones

That doesn't actually solve the problem; normally (1x, 3G, EHRPD) the values are already negative, ranging from -125 to about -60 (theoretically it could go much higher, but -62 is the best I've ever seen, standing within ~100yd of a tower with LOS). If I just use some math magic to make the invert the positive, it still doesn't resolve the fact that the 85 is an entirely invalid value. However, doing some more Googling, it looks more like it might be a ROM-related issue with Sprint LTE; in other words, ZW gets bad data, and just merrily runs along with it.

I noticed that looking over more of the source code for android...but my last code post above should allow for this goof up in the system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread