Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

new nexus 7 user with some questions

Tip us?

Kenny301
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default new nexus 7 user with some questions

Hello, I've had my 32gb since Jan 10 and I have some questions. Is this normal for an IPS display? It seems fpse won't see my 64gb USB stick. Works fine when ROMs are in internal. Is there some way to tell fpse to check external storage? Would Google play movies and ota work if I'm rooted? Came from Toshiba Thrive which is ancient now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Kenny301
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
anyone?

dragancla
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny301 View Post
anyone?
Ok, so, as far as I know, there's a problem with FLO devices that can't read USB Sticks via OTG Cables.
There's 2 ways to make USB devices work:

1. BUY the app "Nexus Media Importer" from Google Play (and when I say buy I mean you can't hack it, it verifies its' licence with the server, no matter how you patch it)
OR
2. Root your device and install "StickMount" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.stickmount). It will mount your USB Drive and create a new folder in "Internal Memory/sda1/blablabla".

Hope this helped!
There's a light at the end of every tunnel. You just pray it's not a train.

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 45
If it's just a matter of what dragancia sad, then it's very easy if you use StickMount. External storage gets mounted under /sdcard/usbStorage, and most apps should be able to access. I've never used fpse and can't tell you if needs files to be in a specific directory, like the Kindle app does. Nor have I ever used Nexus Media Importer.