[Q] HTC Rezound, after mounting SDcard, media on sdcard not showing up

OP RooterNoob83

24th January 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
More
Hi guys. i took the sdcard out and loaded more mp3's into it as i have in the past. i put it back into the Rezound and turned the phone on. then i "mount sd card" in settings. but the music and the pictures on the sdcard are not appearing, even though the phone shows it being mounted with the space available.

i've double checked and the data on the sdcard is good. it was working fine until i pulled it out and uploaded more mp3's on it. now the phone knows there is a sdcard in it, but the music app and camera/gallery apps are only showing files from the internal memory.

phone is rooted, i've frozen some apps and stuff with titanium backup, but i haven't changed anything recently, and it was working fine until now.

THANK YOU in advance!!!
24th January 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
after about 30 minutes, the files began working and everything is back to normal!
24th January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 517

1,706 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooterNoob83

after about 30 minutes, the files began working and everything is back to normal!

30 minutes?!?! How much music do you have on the SD card, when the SD card mounts an process called "Media Scan" usually begins which scans the mount point for all media files and updates indexes and stuff, this usually only takes seconds, sometimes a few minutes. I copied 1.5GB of MP3's to my phone and when it remounted SD card it only took about 2 or 3 minutes for everything to show up.
24th January 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin

30 minutes?!?! How much music do you have on the SD card, when the SD card mounts an process called "Media Scan" usually begins which scans the mount point for all media files and updates indexes and stuff, this usually only takes seconds, sometimes a few minutes. I copied 1.5GB of MP3's to my phone and when it remounted SD card it only took about 2 or 3 minutes for everything to show up.

well it's a 16gb sd card, and it's got about 4gb free. i didn't think that was a lot. and it just happened that i let the phone sit for 30 minutes before checking. i know it wasn't available after 5 minutes. so maybe 10 minutes until it was good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread