Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Gear Calculator - Project Example for now :)

OP WarlockBA

24th January 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
Hello,

In case you care to do a Samsung Gear application, without an available SDK, you can look at this simple example. For debugging / development I created an emulator from the AVD editor in my android development tools - to match as far as possible the Gear Specification.

Oh, and for further information on resources / sizes / layouts / interface / construction and rest of stuff of the Samsung Gear, you can just use APKTool to unpack the Gear firmware, which you can find (both, tool and firmware) all over the internet. The android that runs on the Gear at the current date, is 4.2.2, just in case you wonder.

If you reuse something or it helped you somehow, glad to help
Attached Files
File Type: gz GearCalc.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (1.40 MB, 61 views)
File Type: apk GearCalc.apk - [Click for QR Code] (277.7 KB, 124 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WarlockBA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 71

487 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockBA

Hello,

In case you care to do a Samsung Gear application, without an available SDK, you can look at this simple example. For debugging / development I created an emulator from the AVD editor in my android development tools - to match as far as possible the Gear Specification.

Oh, and for further information on resources / sizes / layouts / interface / construction and rest of stuff of the Samsung Gear, you can just use APKTool to unpack the Gear firmware, which you can find (both, tool and firmware) all over the internet. The android that runs on the Gear at the current date, is 4.2.2, just in case you wonder.

If you reuse something or it helped you somehow, glad to help

i can't install it through wondershare.
i get an error 'the given key was not present'
24th January 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
Get the source code and compile it in case it is not working. I am installing it with ADB usually. I do not use any other tools than the Android sdk ...

Oh and what I forgot to say, this is a "sample" only, and a "work in progress" so it is not fit for daily usage. It might have bugs, and it might not look fun. I just tend to try to program every toy I get, and this nut was one of the harder ones to "crack" so I thought I post what I did so far, in case other might find it helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to WarlockBA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread