Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

(Help) Lost imei after flashing stock root d801

21st January 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

252 posts
I have a t-mobile g2 d801, I rooted then backed up my efs with freegee then installed nrg ROM. I decided to see if the restore efs would work so I used freegee to restore it. Then I flashed the latest stock rooted ROM and now I'm getting a reboot about 30 seconds after the Os boots a date my imei is gone. Please help

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 37

107 posts
I can't give you specific help to fix this, but, I can advise that you make an extra backup of your EFS. Copy it off of your phone if possible. If not, just copy it to a different partition on your phone, so you have more than 1 copy in more than 1 place.

If you attempt to return to stock with T-Mobile flashing tool all the data on your phone will be erased. So moving a copy of the EFS backup off your phone is the first thing you want to do. If you can use ADB with the phone you can get a copy of it off your phone.

After that, I'd wait for someone with specific knowledge of this problem to assist you in fixing it. Assuming the backup of your EFS file is good, you will be able to fix your phone.
Last edited by DornoDiosMio; 21st January 2014 at 01:26 PM.
21st January 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DornoDiosMio

I can't give you specific help to fix this, but, I can advise that you make an extra backup of your EFS. Copy it off of your phone if possible. If not, just copy it to a different partition on your phone, so you have more than 1 copy in more than 1 place.

If you attempt to return to stock with T-Mobile flashing tool all the data on your phone will be erased. So moving a copy of the EFS backup off your phone is the first thing you want to do. If you can use ADB with the phone you can get a copy of it off your phone.

After that, I'd wait for someone with specific knowledge of this problem to assist you in fixing it. Assuming the backup of your EFS file is good, you will be able to fix your phone.

thanks, i think the backup is still there but i dont know where freegee puts it.i am thinking if i can push the freegee apk to the rom i can restore from there, cane someone post a copy of freegee apk? also can someone tell me where freegee puts the backups. thanks
21st January 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

252 posts
Ok, i found my where my backups are, any help on how to restore them would be great.

21st January 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

252 posts
Freegee doesnt work, all i get is a blank white or black screen and then a reboot when i launch the app

24th January 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #6  
Flag Norman
Thanks Meter: 48

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM2009

Freegee doesnt work, all i get is a blank white or black screen and then a reboot when i launch the app

I'm in the same boat. I have my efs1 and efs2 img files, but no idea what to do with them. Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Autoprime listed this method for restoring efs
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

If flashable zip wasn't created or to manually restore efs img files run the following commands using adb shell while in recovery:

dd if=/sdcard/EFS_Backup/efs1.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1
dd if=/sdcard/EFS_Backup/efs2.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2

I tried that, but still have "0" as my imei. Perhaps this method could work for someone else in this thread?
Last edited by ousoonerchase; 24th January 2014 at 04:57 PM.
24th January 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 391

1,594 posts
freegee doesnt work, then you probably lost root
also try when wifi on
contact freegee maker with log. you may have found a bug.

try rooting again

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread