How I bootloader unlocked, rooted and installed CWM 6.04.5 latest on my LG P880 4X HD
Note: this will void your warrenty, and also I will not be responsible for the bricked devices, so proceed with caution,
Read all the instructions carefully, before proceeding, and check if this methods suites you...
Also remeber if you are going to hit thanks for me one time you should thank these guys 100 times, their methods were the ones which helped me post this.
As all of you know this phone was condemned due to its lack of a proper method to unlock the bootloader, so many of the guys banned this phone, I never knew before I switched into it from a Lumia 820 in a refurbished market, when I ealized this phone was not easily breakable I was so worried and cursed much for the seller to cheating me. Also I knew I was going for a cheap buy and I realized I was a fool... but not for long. Enough chit chat.... let's go in deep
*the proper and extremely unofficial method of performing the tasks mentioned in the title..... for ESA-XXX
This method is different than usual way, it can be summerized into;
1. Root your device, and install any CWM version
2. Unlock the bootloader
3. Install the required version of CWM
4. Install any ROM via CWM methods.
* Important: You need to be in the firmware update of v20a check it in settings > about device > software
otherwise update to it using LG PC studio
this thread (here
), but remember you need to do this only once, if you are thinking to do it better in next time, you will relock your bootloader, and that's it...
1. You need files from the following links(I don't have any online space so email me a request on firstname.lastname@example.org
and i will mail back you the files) to proceed, so you better download them and copy them to C:/unlock
2. Then open a command prompt as Administrator, and type 'cd C:/unlock'
3. boot into stock recovery by turning off your device and turn it back ON while pressing volume down key. (Vol. Dwn key + power key)
4. Connect it via USB to the computer and type in the cmd;
adb sideload Superuser.zip
5. After the installation, choose 'reboot to system' from the device to turn it on. And then install an app called 'root checker' from the play store and check if your device is rooted, and if it is, say 'yeah' a bit louder
6. Now install unsecured recovery;
typing in your CMD; make sure you type one by one and hit ENTER
adb push recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-p880.img /sdcard/
at this point proceed to next major move without hesitating...
Unlocking the bootloader
1. If you are in the same CMD close it and re-open as admin, and type 'cd C:/unlock' and type one by one of the following and hit ENTER;
cat /sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved >/data/local/tmp/odm_reserved
echo 0x00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000040000000c8 > /data/local/tmp/odm_reserved
echo /data/local/tmp/odm_reserved >/sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved
2. Boot to bootloader
close the early CMD and open a new one as admin;
adb reboot bootloader
at this point you will see LG logo
fastboot oem unlock
and press volume down key and then press power key to proceed (your screen won't show you anything)
at this point you will see nothing your screen will be turn black, count to 30 seconds and remove the battery, and put it back wait to check if the phone starts automatically, if not turn it on.
After the power on connect it via USB and type in the CMD;
adb reboot bootloader
after the LG logo shown up wait to see if anither screen is shown or a black screen may be,
and then type;
fastboot getvar all
wait for 15 sec. And remove the battery, put it back and turn the device on.
Now go to the hidden menu(3845*#880#) and check bootloader unlock status. Viola... Unlocked.... Say 'Yeah' more louder than before.
Flashing latest CWM in a non harmful way to the unlock state.
Your downloaded CWM file looks as;
* - denotes any numbers
1. copy it to C:/unlock, and open a CMD as admin and cd into unlock folder, and type; type one by one and hit ENTER.
adb push recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.*.*-p880.img /sdcard/
cat /mnt/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.*.*-p880.img >/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
after boot into recovery after turning your phone off and powering on with (vol. Down + power) combination. Tadaa..... you're in the latest CWM...... now give away big load 'yeah' s......
Now proceed with any ROM flashing, but remember use only the flashing via CWM recovery. I don't suggest any other methods....