[ROM][4.3]MeanBean v2.o|FAST|AOSP mms|240dpiZeroWakeLag|Themes|Color Emojis 3...
- Built on MJ9 Verizon base (port)
- Performance tweaks
- No screen wake lag!
- Screen on/off performance and battery tweaks for snappier UI and better battery
Credit where credit is due:
- Zero screen wake lag (can be turned off for maximum battery - see post 3)!
- System-wide full color Emoji's!
- Zero battery drain extended screen-off volume controls (volume, skip, pause, play, torch light) - see post 3 for usage
- Notification sounds are silenced when playing music (configurable, see post 3)
- Instagram video upload fix
- MeanBean boot animation
- 3 way reboot menu
- In-call voice recording
- Working init.d support
- 4x5 launcher
- Note 3 apps: Samsung keyboard w/emoji and SketchBook app (credit titooo7)
- Removed space-wasting stock toggles and brightness slider in notifications (use included Power Toggles to customize your own toggles)
- Flashable ZIP in /sdcard/MeanBean_Reborn to restore stock toggles if you wish
- Increased MMS sizes
- de-ASEC encrypted/paid apps on boot
- Full color circular battery meter (1% increments)
- Removed "AM/PM" on status bar
- Constant ringtone volume by disabling ring fade
- Signature checking disabled (allows recompiled apk's)
- Native hotspot unlocked
- Bonus ringtones/notifications
- More to come (by request)!
As with any open source stuff, some of this work is my own, most of it comes from other sources. So in addition to my own work (mostly in the "mean" category), here's a quick thanks to those of you who contributed knowingly (thank you) and not-so-knowingly via open source 5 finger discount (thank you just the same: your stuff is good and that's why I used it).
Sometimes it's not entirely obvious where the source started so if I missed someone, please let me know and I'll add you. Also, I'm careful to only include other work where the author does not specify any usage restrictions or has given approval. If you believe, however, that I've included something that shouldn't be in this ROM, please just PM me.
Credit krowley3: I used your Sophisticated ROM as a base (thanks for the offer!)!
Other credits: I list them in the features section above and give links to the original works so you can donate to other devs for specific mods you like!
Want my stuff?:
I list credits in the features section above and links to original works: if you see something credited there and you want to use it, click the link and seek permission from the developer I've credited. If you see something in this ROM and I don't
reference some other source, I probably coded it myself. If you want it: take it and use it in your ROM, your theme, whatever you like. I just ask that you please credit me. I'm a firm believer in Android and open source so you don't even have to ask. Anything you see here... it's yours for just the price of a simple line crediting me. I always share as I believe that's the way we developers put the power in Android... and one way we can fight "the Apple brainwashing machine".
Below are some pointers on updating your firmware, installing recoveries, modding, etc. before we get to the good stuff (installation and downloads).
See post #2
[COLOR="Red"]Problems after you flash?
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD UNTIL you've done a full wipe and fresh install to see if that cures it. I know I should really just do like most devs and proclaim REQUIRES FULL WIPE/FRESH INSTALL on every version. That saves me a lot of headaches but I know what a PITA a fresh install can be even with MyBackup or Titanium at your disposal. So it never hurts to try just a flash without a full wipe, but if you run into any HINT of a problem... anything at all... don't report the problem in this thread until you've tried a full wipe and fresh install first to see if that cures the problem!
Installation - a final note:
First, the usual disclaimers. I supply the ammo, you use it. ROMS don't kill phones, n00bs do.
Use this ROM at your own risk as I won't be responsible for bricks or any other untoward happenings. I spent a lot of time ensuring that the stuff in this ROM is fast, smooth, and compatible. But... it always helps to have some familiarity with flashing ROMs to keep yourself safe.
Download links are below
Now to installation of the ROM itself...
... you're gonna break it!
- Always make a Nandroid backup before installing anything on your phone!
- On first install of MeanBean Reborn, do a full wipe
- Install using recovery (I use latest CWM)
- Once booted, set up phone and accounts
- To get Apns to show;
- Dial *#*#4636#*#*, select GSM only, let it register, then go back to GSM/LTE
- Add APN
- Tick light effect in lockscreen settings if desired for special lockscreen!!
Don't flash any
other mods, tweaks, or themes unless they specifically say they are built for (the latest version of) MeanBean or you WILL
break features in this ROM and/or cause instability! While this ROM is designed to have the general look/feel of the stock ROM, it is highly customized under the hood and mods, tweaks, or themes not designed specifically for this ROM will cause problems. If you want this ROM to run perfectly without any issues, do not flash anything on top.
Latest releases (TWRP recovery recommended):
SPECIAL THANKS TO DONATERS!! If it weren't for you I'm not sure I would be building!
@gregsarg 7x! (he helps keep my internet on lol! Go click this guys Thanks button!!!) you been here since the beginning.. Thank you brother
Click to Donate
By the way I AM a male.the donation link is to my fiancÚ paypal.
Donations are greatly appreciated, but honestly, no one gets rich off ROM developing so it's not about the money for me.
,3minit,alliance team,wicked team,and all my donators!