Post Reply

[Q] moto g died / bricked help!

OP cancheritos

24th January 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
hi, i'm sorry, but i need help urgently. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed an international firmware so i can update to 4.4.2, since kitkat is not available in my country yet. then i tried to root my phone using superboot-windows.bat, and when the phone restarted it showd the moto logo, but it faded to black. so i turned it off, but now it doesn't turn on. is there a way to turn it on via adb or fastboot from windows?
please help i'm panicking.
24th January 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #2  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mar Del Plata
Thanks Meter: 398
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancheritos

hi, i'm sorry, but i need help urgently. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed an international firmware so i can update to 4.4.2, since kitkat is not available in my country yet. then i tried to root my phone using superboot-windows.bat, and when the phone restarted it showd the moto logo, but it faded to black. so i turned it off, but now it doesn't turn on. is there a way to turn it on via adb or fastboot from windows?
please help i'm panicking.

plug in the pc and show me what says the pc
The Following User Says Thank You to Boss442 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
solved
hi, i conected the moto g to the computer and while holding on/off button i run adb-windows.exe and it rebooted instantly. i don't know what hapenned exactly, but now i have mi cel back. sadly, i don't have root acces, but after this i don't know if i will try it again. thanks for your time!
25th January 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #4  
serophia's Avatar
Senior Member
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 38
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Flash cwm 6.0.4.6 in development thread and download latest supersu from chain fire website

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #5  
tatazeuz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 80
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancheritos

hi, i conected the moto g to the computer and while holding on/off button i run adb-windows.exe and it rebooted instantly. i don't know what hapenned exactly, but now i have mi cel back. sadly, i don't have root acces, but after this i don't know if i will try it again. thanks for your time!

As long as your bootloader works, your phone will always be recoverable. Also, it's almost impossible to kill your bootloader, since the phone prevents you from downgrading it. Moto loves the community, and this is a way to show it; a hardbrick proof phone.
25th January 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatazeuz

As long as your bootloader works, your phone will always be recoverable. Also, it's almost impossible to kill your bootloader, since the phone prevents you from downgrading it. Moto loves the community, and this is a way to show it; a hardbrick proof phone.

yeah, i got scared because it didn't turn on or boot in any way, i tried everithing: torn on botton, log press turn on button, vol- and turn on, lon press booth, and it didn't response... if only the bootloader, but nothing. also the pc didn't recognice it, and i checked the usb power suply, it wasn't receiving any voltage... i was going to send it to the dealer and try my luck, but then the miracle happenned, and now im happy!
25th January 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #7  
tatazeuz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 80
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancheritos

yeah, i got scared because it didn't turn on or boot in any way, i tried everithing: torn on botton, log press turn on button, vol- and turn on, lon press booth, and it didn't response... if only the bootloader, but nothing. also the pc didn't recognice it, and i checked the usb power suply, it wasn't receiving any voltage... i was going to send it to the dealer and try my luck, but then the miracle happenned, and now im happy!

It sounds like it ran out of battery during the procces, and then recovered part of it via usb.
25th January 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #8  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mar Del Plata
Thanks Meter: 398
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatazeuz

As long as your bootloader works, your phone will always be recoverable. Also, it's almost impossible to kill your bootloader, since the phone prevents you from downgrading it. Moto loves the community, and this is a way to show it; a hardbrick proof phone.

Sorry but the other day i kill the bootloader, i flash the .mbn files on the firmware and my phone don't work, only appears qusb-bulk when i connect on the pc, but i have a tool for blank-flash the bootloader and make im work again, seems the tool directly writes the emmc
25th January 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #9  
tatazeuz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 80
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss442

Sorry but the other day i kill the bootloader, i flash the .mbn files on the firmware and my phone don't work, only appears qusb-bulk when i connect on the pc, but i have a tool for blank-flash the bootloader and make im work again, seems the tool directly writes the emmc

So, is your phone dead, or you recovered it?
25th January 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #10  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mar Del Plata
Thanks Meter: 398
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatazeuz

So, is your phone dead, or you recovered it?

I can recover with a tool from moto, because the phone doesnt turn on and only have a "special qualcomm download mode"

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank