Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 38,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SCH-R970

Tip us?

r.dunne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post SCH-R970

Greetings,
Just a heads up about this model. Considering this is likely the most popular site for this arena, it is surprising to me that there isn't a specific forum for it. These guys do great work and no disrespect intended, however it is frustrating considering it is the one I, and many others, have.
With that being said, I will share what I have found in my endeavors to get it to where I want it. There may be some useful information in some or all of the other S4 forums, however in order to get what is truly needed, it is usually necessary to go elsewhere. I got some basic understanding of things here, but no true answers to this specific model.

This is the U.S. Cellular version of the Samsung Galaxy S4, SCH-R970. Although some of the tools and procedures found here for other models MAY work, as specific as it is to mod these devices, I personally wouldn't recommend using anything that doesn't particularly pertain to yours. It is very easy to get into a situation where you will need help and it seems there isn't much sympathy toward us when this becomes the case.

The good news is that there are plenty of other places to get what we need. It just takes a bit of research on this specific model. I must admit that I am a bit fuzzy about this stupid "forum etiquette" thing so I will choose not to say anything specific about other ones here, and vise-versa. What I will say though is not to get frustrated if you can't find what you need here. I guess things aren't always easy when we choose to avoid the "big guys" in the cellular carrier business.

What I did find is that if you feel like doing a bit of digging, it is no problem any further than that. I have CM 10.2.0 working just fine on mine, it just took a bit more research and going elsewhere. If doing a web search for "SCH-R970" doesn't get you enough info, try adding "U.S. Cellular" and/or "jflteusc" into your searching and something should turn up.

Happy modding

justmpm
Old
(Last edited by diestarbucks; 25th January 2014 at 12:24 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.dunne View Post
Greetings,
Just a heads up about this model. Considering this is likely the most popular site for this arena, it is surprising to me that there isn't a specific forum for it. These guys do great work and no disrespect intended, however it is frustrating considering it is the one I, and many others, have.
With that being said, I will share what I have found in my endeavors to get it to where I want it. There may be some useful information in some or all of the other S4 forums, however in order to get what is truly needed, it is usually necessary to go elsewhere. I got some basic understanding of things here, but no true answers to this specific model.

This is the U.S. Cellular version of the Samsung Galaxy S4, SCH-R970. Although some of the tools and procedures found here for other models MAY work, as specific as it is to mod these devices, I personally wouldn't recommend using anything that doesn't particularly pertain to yours. It is very easy to get into a situation where you will need help and it seems there isn't much sympathy toward us when this becomes the case.

The good news is that there are plenty of other places to get what we need. It just takes a bit of research on this specific model. I must admit that I am a bit fuzzy about this stupid "forum etiquette" thing so I will choose not to say anything specific about other ones here, and vise-versa. What I will say though is not to get frustrated if you can't find what you need here. I guess things aren't always easy when we choose to avoid the "big guys" in the cellular carrier business.

What I did find is that if you feel like doing a bit of digging, it is no problem any further than that. I have CM 10.2.0 working just fine on mine, it just took a bit more research and going elsewhere. If doing a web search for "SCH-R970" doesn't get you enough info, try adding "U.S. Cellular" and/or "jflteusc" into your searching and something should turn up.

Happy modding
I believe that the information for this device can be found in the Sprint S4 forums: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-sprint

r.dunne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
I believe that the information for this device can be found in the Spring S4 forums: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-sprint
Exactly