Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems with 32GB SD Card (SanDisk)

Tip us?

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Is that specific phone using a special unknown partition system for the card? I don't think so. The phones are this days build with market standards including SDHC and SDXC compatibility. SDHC natively use FAT32, SDXC natively use exFAT. Not all phones support SDXC so the card have to be formatted in FAT32 to make it functional and the only way is to use specific application on PC. Formatting the SD on PC also is more efficient than OS of the phones and the main reason is that OS of any phone can't verified a faulty or fake SD card so you can losing data without even know why.
Sorry man, you are usually on point, but with this you are talking nonsense.

I have never seen or heard of an Android phone which didn't use FAT32 or exFAT, nor one that made arbitrary partions. Further, if the phone doesn't support exFAT, obviously it won't format the card to use the exFAT file system. The bit about a PC being more efficient is just total nonsense. I have formatted several different size/brand SD cards on this phone and others without having issues using them in the phone or a PC or other Android device, even. If you can satisfactorily back up anything you've said, I'll change my mind.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Sorry man, you are usually on point, but with this you are talking nonsense.
Happen sometimes, no body is perfect.

Quote:
I have never seen or heard of an Android phone which didn't use FAT32 or exFAT, nor one that made arbitrary partions.
I make you and example, I got HTC HD2 with latest Android ICS ported from NEXUS, it not support and it not recognize a 64GB SDXC in exFAT, the only way to make working that card on HD2 is to format it in FAT32 on PC.

Quote:
Further, if the phone doesn't support exFAT, obviously it won't format the card to use the exFAT file system.
Right, but a phone which support exFAT and FAT32 as well will not format the exFAT card to FAT32 end even if he dose the card have huge risk to be compromise. Speaking from experience.

Quote:
The bit about a PC being more efficient is just total nonsense. I have formatted several different size/brand SD cards on this phone and others without having issues using them in the phone or a PC or other Android device, even. If you can satisfactorily back up anything you've said, I'll change my mind.
I never said you CAN'T format the card on the phone. It will work anyway but on PC the formatting will be more deeply efficient because you using specified application to do so. On High-End phones the formatting can be good too but you can't say is well done like on PC.

All the Sl..ts making Blo..bs, but there is always someone who do it much better! Am I wrong?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

FAT_C
Old
Thanks Meter 1
let's go back to the topic.I have the same problem on my Z1 as well.
will this related to a slow (class 4) speed sd card?

eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 24th January 2014 at 02:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT_C View Post
let's go back to the topic.I have the same problem on my Z1 as well.
will this related to a slow (class 4) speed sd card?
Absolutely not, the class of the card is not an issue at all. If you have a SDHC have to be in FAT32, check it, just in case. The partition can be corrupted then will be recommended to format the card how you like.

But if your problem is the same as OP mentioned with the same application, to me the app is the main problem. Try to move the files with different application or use different media player to see if the issue still there.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

N345H
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I have put the 32GB cardin my Tablet Z and it's working without error but I can still not get anything over 16GB running on my Z1
Seems a bit strange to me unless it's a random 4.3 problem though I haven't heard any wide spread issues

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by N345H View Post
I have put the 32GB cardin my Tablet Z and it's working without error but I can still not get anything over 16GB running on my Z1
Seems a bit strange to me unless it's a random 4.3 problem though I haven't heard any wide spread issues
Yes, seems a bit strange and I will suggest to check the card on PC with h2testw, just in case. If everything is ok with the card then is your phone and probably Android it self, in this scenario I will consider to flash different .290 FW.
Attached Files
File Type: rar h2testw.rar - [Click for QR Code] (180.3 KB, 4 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N345H
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Yes, seems a bit strange and I will suggest to check the card on PC with h2testw, just in case. If everything is ok with the card then is your phone and probably Android it self, in this scenario I will consider to flash different .290 FW.
Thanks, I will run a few tests when I can get back to my PC

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1077

DONATE TO ME
I'm using 32GB SanDisk extreme uhs1 and never had a single issue. (well, once cos it was from a faulty batch, but your card doesn't seem to have any of my issues before replacement)
Don't use media go. I think that that's what ruins your music by encoding it like iTunes which z1 doesn't like.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]