FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Possible to turn off magnet??

23rd January 2014, 07:31 PM |#11  
debaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 168
 
More
Currently there is no root method which does not need unlocked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to debaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
23rd January 2014, 07:32 PM |#12  
Kameo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 603
 
Donate to Me
More
Unfortunatly you need to first unlock your BL, then install a custom recovery to finally root your device.
But trust me it's worth it.

Sent from my MotoG using Tapatalk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kameo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 10:48 PM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameo

Unfortunatly you need to first unlock your BL, then install a custom recovery to finally root your device.
But trust me it's worth it.

Sent from my MotoG using Tapatalk.

It definitely is, I just love the customisability with xposed modules. Definitely try gravitybox!

Sent from my Moto G with tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 11:00 PM |#14  
tatazeuz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdentener

It definitely is, I just love the customisability with xposed modules. Definitely try gravitybox!

Sent from my Moto G with tapatalk

Also, you can make tthe "Warning: Bootloader unlocked" screen dissappear flashing the correct logo.
24th January 2014, 08:52 AM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentCleanson

Is it enough to just root or do I need to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery??

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is the xposed framework that disables magnet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621807

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mdentener For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 01:51 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
This might be off topic,

Having problem with cyanogenmod and the magnetic flip shell.

When shell close, the phone doesn't go to sleep mode but if I manually turn the phone to sleep and open the case it wake the phone up.

Any idea guys?
Last edited by kket; 24th January 2014 at 01:56 PM.
25th January 2014, 12:42 AM |#17  
tatazeuz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kket

This might be off topic,

Having problem with cyanogenmod and the magnetic flip shell.

When shell close, the phone doesn't go to sleep mode but if I manually turn the phone to sleep and open the case it wake the phone up.

Any idea guys?

That seems to be a problem with CM, you should ask the builder about it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes