Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HDMI Connection only 720P. Any idea how to change it to 1080P?

OP Rider008

25th January 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi,
I am owner of a Sony Xperia Tablet S with a docking station(using to connect to a TV through HDMI cabel). When I connect the tablet to my TV(Samsung 1080P) It is only recognized as 720P device. That's probably OK, but when I play 1080P movie It should change to 1080P video resolution but it doesn't happen. I tried to search for a HDMI output setting in the tablet but there is no such thing, I also tried several video players, even to play exact resolution size video - 1920x1080 no change... still only 720P. And to be honest 720P doesn't look very brilliant from this tablet. I hoped to use the tablet as some kind of "all round video player".

Is there any way that I can convince the tablet to play videos in 1080P/Full HD? Any idea how to resize HDMI output resolution?

I know that it is mirroring my device, but even though it should automatically resize when playing full HD movies. (Saw it on couple of videos, where it does really work. The TV shows 1080P videos and the devices screen stays black, I guess because of their lower resolution, but that's OK.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread