Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,518 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for a 4.3 that's more stable than Omega

Tip us?
 
itm
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 836
Join Date: Jan 2007
Default Looking for a 4.3 that's more stable than Omega

I'm been running Omega 4.3 ROMs for the last couple of weeks, having moved from a stock ROM. Both versions that I've tried (v18 and v19) have been pretty unstable - i.e. prone to spontaneous reboots. I always do a full wipe before flashing a ROM, but it doesn't make any difference.
Has anyone got any recommendations for a good, stable 4.3 ROM?
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 24th January 2014 at 08:08 PM.)
#2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 1,802
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
I'm been running Omega 4.3 ROMs for the last couple of weeks, having moved from a stock ROM. Both versions that I've tried (v18 and v19) have been pretty unstable - i.e. prone to spontaneous reboots. I always do a full wipe before flashing a ROM, but it doesn't make any difference.
Has anyone got any recommendations for a good, stable 4.3 ROM?
Feel free to try 4.3 echo,golden,phoenix,carhd and such.You can try all of them and decide which one you like the best

Sent from Hell ��
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
itm
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 836
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Feel free to try 4.3 echo,golden,phoenix,carhd and such.You can try all of them and decide which one you like the best

Sent from Hell ��
Are there any former Omega users out there who have moved to any of those and found them to be more stable than Omega? (i.e. less prone to reboots)
 
andy1weir
Old
#4  
andy1weir's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
Are there any former Omega users out there who have moved to any of those and found them to be more stable than Omega? (i.e. less prone to reboots)
i went straight to omega v19 from stock 4.3 and ive never had a single problem with the rom, now on v21 and its as stable as stock id say, no random reboots no crashes or fc's pretty decent imo
 
itm
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 836
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1weir View Post
i went straight to omega v19 from stock 4.3 and ive never had a single problem with the rom, now on v21 and its as stable as stock id say, no random reboots no crashes or fc's pretty decent imo
Interesting, and makes me wonder why I'm seeing these reboots even after a wipe/clean install. Any ideas what sort of thing might be causing the reboots? I use Titanium Backup to restore user apps but not system apps - presumably restored user apps can't cause this sort of thing??
 
madnezzz
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2012
Running Omega for 24 hours on my i9500 with no problems at all so far.
Its been the only stable uncomplicated rom I've tried in the last week for my phone.
 
CustomerWindow
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2014
Just my thought ..

As you've experienced these problems and others don't, to corroborate or not the hypothesis of a ROM problem, you should promptly evaluate another.

I'm on the amazing GoldenEye v18.1 XXUEML6 .. you may give it a try as it has been flawless for a another bunch than me.

Please share the results.

Cheers

Thread Tools
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more