XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for a 4.3 that's more stable than Omega

Tip us?

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Looking for a 4.3 that's more stable than Omega

I'm been running Omega 4.3 ROMs for the last couple of weeks, having moved from a stock ROM. Both versions that I've tried (v18 and v19) have been pretty unstable - i.e. prone to spontaneous reboots. I always do a full wipe before flashing a ROM, but it doesn't make any difference.
Has anyone got any recommendations for a good, stable 4.3 ROM?

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 24th January 2014 at 08:08 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1445

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
I'm been running Omega 4.3 ROMs for the last couple of weeks, having moved from a stock ROM. Both versions that I've tried (v18 and v19) have been pretty unstable - i.e. prone to spontaneous reboots. I always do a full wipe before flashing a ROM, but it doesn't make any difference.
Has anyone got any recommendations for a good, stable 4.3 ROM?
Feel free to try 4.3 echo,golden,phoenix,carhd and such.You can try all of them and decide which one you like the best

Sent from Hell ��

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Feel free to try 4.3 echo,golden,phoenix,carhd and such.You can try all of them and decide which one you like the best

Sent from Hell ��
Are there any former Omega users out there who have moved to any of those and found them to be more stable than Omega? (i.e. less prone to reboots)

andy1weir
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
Are there any former Omega users out there who have moved to any of those and found them to be more stable than Omega? (i.e. less prone to reboots)
i went straight to omega v19 from stock 4.3 and ive never had a single problem with the rom, now on v21 and its as stable as stock id say, no random reboots no crashes or fc's pretty decent imo

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1weir View Post
i went straight to omega v19 from stock 4.3 and ive never had a single problem with the rom, now on v21 and its as stable as stock id say, no random reboots no crashes or fc's pretty decent imo
Interesting, and makes me wonder why I'm seeing these reboots even after a wipe/clean install. Any ideas what sort of thing might be causing the reboots? I use Titanium Backup to restore user apps but not system apps - presumably restored user apps can't cause this sort of thing??

madnezzz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Running Omega for 24 hours on my i9500 with no problems at all so far.
Its been the only stable uncomplicated rom I've tried in the last week for my phone.

CustomerWindow
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just my thought ..

As you've experienced these problems and others don't, to corroborate or not the hypothesis of a ROM problem, you should promptly evaluate another.

I'm on the amazing GoldenEye v18.1 XXUEML6 .. you may give it a try as it has been flawless for a another bunch than me.

Please share the results.

Cheers