Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help please, computer will not detect LG 4xhd after root

Tip us?

levenirv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Help please, computer will not detect LG 4xhd after root

I rooted my phone but forgot to unlock the bootloader, and now my LG is in a bootloop.
I can access S/W mode but not recovery mode (android with the triangle), the main problem is that my computer will not detect my phone when it is in (windows 7 is what im using). I tried other cables, computers and even ubuntu, same result the phone will charge but it is not detected.
I looked in device manager and there is no hint of it there.
And when I try to flash the KDZ, I get the message "No device found"
Please help.

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1553
Quote:
Originally Posted by levenirv View Post
I rooted my phone but forgot to unlock the bootloader, and now my LG is in a bootloop.
I can access S/W mode but not recovery mode (android with the triangle), the main problem is that my computer will not detect my phone when it is in (windows 7 is what im using). I tried other cables, computers and even ubuntu, same result the phone will charge but it is not detected.
I looked in device manager and there is no hint of it there.
And when I try to flash the KDZ, I get the message "No device found"
Please help.
How many times do people need to ask the same basic questions because they are too lazy to search first?

EVERYTHING you need to know has been said many times, so please use the clever little search function and start reading.

Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 529
bootloader and root - not related
root and recovery - not related
s/w mode and recovery - not related
adb and phone drivers - extremely related, not even mentioned

I-phone is usually the answer in these cases, but tonight I'm feeling generous so I'll give away some free knowledge:

- bootloader: Where the "code" that controls all of your specific hw resides (aka kernel) also sometimes referred to as "bl"
- root: The ability of taking control of "administration priviliges" or "run as administrator" to make a comparison with windows
- recovery: It's a gui for a set of basic commands which lives inside the bootloader, so no unlock - no custom recovery
- custom recovery: two choices, twrp or cwm, they replace the crappy and useless stock lg recovery - Requirement: unlocked bootloader
- software mode: something apparently lot of people focus on but you'll actually need at most twice in your lifetime before you change phone
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

The Following User Says Thank You to Rudjgaard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]