5,606,779 Members 38,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help! Sprint One sim unlock, Always No service and won't auto reconnect

Tip us?

lazybozz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Please help! Sprint One sim unlock, Always No service and won't auto reconnect

For the last weeks.. I have been trying to get this phone working with T-Mobile..I had unlock the sim card and now running badboyz 4.3 rom. 1.3

After unlocking the sim card and setting up the apn, selected T-Mobile from the available networks and it will connect. But when I go to work, I will lose signal every few block, and need to search for available network again and wait to select t mobile again.

I had try to use the t mobile sim card on my old phone and everything will works fine with no signal lost.

Can anyone please HELP!... I been searching and looking for an answer for more than 2 weeks..but no resolve.....

Thanks

RyanDaLyon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sim Unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybozz View Post
For the last weeks.. I have been trying to get this phone working with T-Mobile..I had unlock the sim card and now running badboyz 4.3 rom. 1.3

After unlocking the sim card and setting up the apn, selected T-Mobile from the available networks and it will connect. But when I go to work, I will lose signal every few block, and need to search for available network again and wait to select t mobile again.

I had try to use the t mobile sim card on my old phone and everything will works fine with no signal lost.

Can anyone please HELP!... I been searching and looking for an answer for more than 2 weeks..but no resolve.....

Thanks

How did you get the SIM unlocked in the first place?

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks
This is probably because T-mob covers only particular places the frequencies this phone uses http://theunlockr.com/2013/07/05/htc-one-sprint-specs/ vs t-mob https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#ji...cuments%2F4988

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 7.1-4

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0 Sense 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lazybozz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is there any solution for this problem ?

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem ? (different rom or radio...etc..) Or I have to give up the phone... Cause it is too much headache to "searching for network" all the time and miss all the call with no service on the phone without knowing..

Thanks

matinm90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem ? (different rom or radio...etc..) Or I have to give up the phone... Cause it is too much headache to "searching for network" all the time and miss all the call with no service on the phone without knowing..

Thanks
well, I am not an expert on the tmobiles network, but going by what lazybozz, said, I seem to remember tmobile using different bands than the other carriers, so what you may be experiencing, is the phone being in the vicinity of multiple towers, but not all of them are within the band that the phone supports. So its like the phone doesnt even see those towers. On a side note, this issue caused alot of chaos for those who unlocked iphones about 3 years ago, they could use EDGE on tmobiles network but not 3G, so i assume this is a similar situation. So long story short, yeah you probably cant fix the problem, unless you get a quad band phone. I could be wrong, but it does sound like a logical reason for the issue you are having.

ryoung4316
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
as elvisypi said above, Its the freq that T-mobile operates on in that area. If your getting T-mobile at all in the states then you have already flashed a radio. However flashing any other radio is not going to give you the freq that tmobile uses, Its not a software limitation its a physical hardware limitation.
A Thanks goes a long way. please say thanks!

lazybozz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your reply, do you know any app out there that monitor and alarm you when the network or signal is lost ? That works with 4.3 ?That way at least you know the phone is offline ... some of the apps I tried is anything at all ...

Thanks

matinm90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Have you tried an app like tasker? Its essentially an automation app. It isnt jist for your use. Its for many different functions. Jist look on the app store for tasker. That might help

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk