Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Get Secure Fail: Kernel on Every Kernel But Stock

OP Markstache

24th January 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #21  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
Hmmm, try recovery (which I'm sure you've tried.) If that fails, your only hope at this point would be to Odin back to stock. You can even dirty flash. I tried to flash a couple of things that wouldn't take lately. I'm a serious serial flasher though. Just Odin back to your stock framework, reroot with motochopper, and you're good to go. Oh, but don't forget to reflash safestrap once you reroot. Not an enormous deal, but a good one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfres39389

Hmmm, try recovery (which I'm sure you've tried.) If that fails, your only hope at this point would be to Odin back to stock. You can even dirty flash. I tried to flash a couple of things that wouldn't take lately. I'm a serious serial flasher though. Just Odin back to your stock framework, reroot with motochopper, and you're good to go. Oh, but don't forget to reflash safestrap once you reroot. Not an enormous deal, but a good one.

I've already odin'd back to stock rerooted with motochopper and adb'd in clockwork recovery. I don't need safestrap because I'm have an MDK, right?
24th January 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #23  
Flag Albuquerque

27 posts
More
Actually, I believe the Loki exploit was removed FOR MDK. I tried looking for a different recovery once I was already on MK2, though. So I'm just straight up out of luck. Unfortunately, I believe you are too, unless someone here can correct me, which is entirely possible.

24th January 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #24  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfres39389

Actually, I believe the Loki exploit was removed FOR MDK. I tried looking for a different recovery once I was already on MK2, though. So I'm just straight up out of luck. Unfortunately, I believe you are too, unless someone here can correct me, which is entirely possible.

MDK is the one Loki works on, it's the original one I believe.
24th January 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #25  
Flag Albuquerque

27 posts
More
Okay, it may have been AFTER MDK then. I remember MDK was involved. At the time I read it, I was already on MK2.

24th January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #26  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,272

4,295 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstache

I've already odin'd back to stock rerooted with motochopper and adb'd in clockwork recovery. I don't need safestrap because I'm have an MDK, right?

Exactly, if you have MDK, you're golden. No safestrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th January 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 29

153 posts
@Markstache, did you loki your cwm recovery? i use twrp which is pre loki'd, but i remember reading that cwm recoveries were not pre loki"d. i have no idea how to manually loki a recovery image. but i came across this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2497335
it details it.
25th January 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #28  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawgg777

@Markstache, did you loki your cwm recovery? i use twrp which is pre loki'd, but i remember reading that cwm recoveries were not pre loki"d. i have no idea how to manually loki a recovery image. but i came across this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2497335
it details it.

I think you only have to do that for the Touch version of their recovery unless you buy the Rom Manager app and use it to install it. Everything I find about having to Loki CWM recovery is only for the Touch version you can download from their site for free.

I appreciate everyone trying to help. I wish I could find an answer. I wonder if it would help uncover some issue between hardware and software compatibilities. I wonder how many other people have the same problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread