Ask a question

No registration required

Where's my CWM Backup -> From the PC?

OP ewingr

25th January 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119

1,981 posts
I'm on 4.3, LIquid Smooth. My phone screen has cracked, and doesn't respond to touch.

I've overwritten my TWRP with CWM, and have done a backup. But when hooked to the PC, I can't find it at all.

The search results I've come up with say to look in \0, or \storage\0. But via the PC, I see no such directory as those either.

I"m trying a searching for 2014.01.25*.*, but doesn't look like that's going to find it either.

Any thoughts?
25th January 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,981 posts
Well, at this point, I have found a way to get to my phone via remote control via this app, but it is not fully functional on 4.3. Can't do anything other than see the screen. It does alow me to explore, and I find the backup in data/media/clockworkmod/backup. But no way to get it to my PC that I can tell.

Hoping someone has some ideas.
25th January 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,981 posts
Relief. I've found the ADB commands to pull it; and having found the files after using the remote control app, I now know the path.

I wonder why CWM doesn't backup to a location you can get to via the PC. That's one good thing about TWRP...can put them on external SD if you want. But then in my case now, I couldn't operate TWRP because the screen doesn't respond to touch.

Looks like wiht some work on the new phone, I'll recover all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread