Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Think my note died in less then a month

Tip us?

TechMasterJoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Think my note died in less then a month

a run down of my time line

got it as a X-mass prez for my self
3 days before Xmiss

today while playing ePSXe it rebooted out of the blue (been plaing tekken without problems from day one with my moga pro power)
and started boot looping figured maybe something happened to the rom (wicked V5 stock kernel it's fast as is)

jumped in to TWRP full wipe and flash seamed fine but boot loops after updating apps
system crashed

so i did a FULL Wipe everything ODIN back to stock it finished fine then updating apps and boot loops
then did the SD CARD unBrick Trick
still boot loops

i take it my 1 month old phone took a crap ???? any ideas

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 21st January 2014 at 12:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2251

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: bootlooping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMasterJoe View Post
a run down of my time line

got it as a X-mass prez for my self
3 days before Xmiss

today while playing ePSXe it rebooted out of the blue (been plaing tekken without problems from day one with my moga pro power)
and started boot looping figured maybe something happened to the rom (wicked V5 stock kernel it's fast as is)

jumped in to TWRP full wipe and flash seamed fine but boot loops after updating apps
system crashed

so i did a FULL Wipe everything ODIN back to stock it finished fine then updating apps and boot loops
then did the SD CARD unBrick Trick
still boot loops

i take it my 1 month old phone took a crap ???? any ideas
Try this, if you have an external SDcard remove it and see if that solves the problem.

If the phone detects some issues with external sdcard, sometimes it can lead to bootlooping.

Once the external sdcard is removed, do another odin flash AFTER doing a full wipe
in TWRP including factory reset before Odin flashing the official stock firmware.
After flashing the official odin flash firmware, don't root the phone yet.

If it works properly after doing the above, turn off wifi and data and just use the phone
normally for a couple hours, rebooting it once in a while just to see see if it still bootloops.

Turn off the auto-updating in google playstore and update one app at a time,
and DON'T restore any apps by using titanium or any other backup app to
make sure that none of your backed up apps are the culprit.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TechMasterJoe
Old
(Last edited by TechMasterJoe; 21st January 2014 at 06:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
Try this, if you have an external SDcard remove it and see if that solves the problem.

If the phone detects some issues with external sdcard, sometimes it can lead to bootlooping.

Once the external sdcard is removed, do another odin flash AFTER doing a full wipe
in TWRP including factory reset before Odin flashing the official stock firmware.
After flashing the official odin flash firmware, don't root the phone yet.

If it works properly after doing the above, turn off wifi and data and just use the phone
normally for a couple hours, rebooting it once in a while just to see see if it still bootloops.

Turn off the auto-updating in google playstore and update one app at a time,
and DON'T restore any apps by using titanium or any other backup app to
make sure that none of your backed up apps are the culprit.

Good luck!

Thanks for the idea but it boot loops w/o any cards SD and SIM are both out
new phone on way stopped by T-mobile 20mins ago. still have old one tell 2nd comes in the mail tomorrow.

with the phone apart if i push the cpu hard it's finishes booting but if i move it crashes so i think it's has the same problem as all the Xbox 360's i used to repair lol

barfingmonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Well?

a
Quote:
new phone on way stopped by T-mobile 20mins ago. still have old one tell 2nd comes in the mail tomorrow.

with the phone apart if i push the cpu hard it's finishes booting but if i move it crashes so i think it's has the same problem as all the Xbox 360's i used to repair lol

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:

You mean overheating causing hairline cracks in lead free solder or something else? I'm sure your phone is not scratching discs.
If overheating becomes a problem, then I would have to come up with some fix.