XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM 11 Has Outdated Notifications - Need Alternative

Tip us?

oreznal
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default CM 11 Has Outdated Notifications - Need Alternative

I dont like the notificarions from swiping down on CM 11. It looks outdated. Is there an app i can download that shows notifications and its icons like in samsung galaxy s3?

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13081
Thread cleaned of childish and off topic discussion. Users need to be reminded that you are expected to understand the rules and to post comments respectfully.

There will be no more warnings. Get back on topic.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

oreznal
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 25th January 2014 at 01:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Mod edit...comments removed

I think that CM has this outdated look for notifications. If CM can change the look then i'd be willing to install it. But if anyone can suggest an app or add on to make it look like the one from galaxy s3 I'd appreciate it. Let me know!

apacseven
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreznal View Post
I think that CM has this outdated look for notifications. If CM can change the look then i'd be willing to install it. But if anyone can suggest an app or add on to make it look like the one from galaxy s3 I'd appreciate it. Let me know!
What is it that you dont like, the quick settings panel? I dont care for that myself. You can also add quick ribbon in CM which is more like the regular toggles. Alternatively, check out an app called power toggles in the play store.

oreznal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacseven View Post
What is it that you dont like, the quick settings panel? I dont care for that myself. You can also add quick ribbon in CM which is more like the regular toggles. Alternatively, check out an app called power toggles in the play store.
I'm talking about the drop down notifications from the status bar. I think power toggles looks outdated too with its old icons. Maybe Xposed framework themes may help.

On a side note, its weird that after you post a compliment to a mod for cleaning up your thread that he has to remove it. I guess some people arent cut out for being mods.

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 596
Have you tried installing a cm theme? Personally I've grown to like tw way more than cm/aosp roms. But whenever I run cm I install one of the cobalt themes from the play store.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk