I seriously need help with this

OP drooskiii

25th January 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Okay, so my Android 4.3 AT&T Galaxy S4 is rooted (through Kingo) and the only reason I did it in the first place was to flash CyanogenMod or some stock Android variant. Now I'm being told I can't install a custom recovery on my phone for two reasons. 1) AT&T locked the bootloader 2) I'm running Android 4.3.

Now, I'm considering unrooting my phone but even that's unclear and confusing, and it's hard to find people on these forums who are willing to help with these relatively simple (to the non-newbs, of course) things.

Can I flash a custom recovery? Can I run CyanogenMod or any good ROM? If no, will I be able to, ever? If no, how do I unroot? Would it be wise to just wait for the next update from Samsung or AT&T and install it so I automatically unroot?

Much appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hachenburg
Thanks Meter: 41

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drooskiii

Okay, so my Android 4.3 AT&T Galaxy S4 is rooted (through Kingo) and the only reason I did it in the first place was to flash CyanogenMod or some stock Android variant. Now I'm being told I can't install a custom recovery on my phone for two reasons. 1) AT&T locked the bootloader 2) I'm running Android 4.3.

Now, I'm considering unrooting my phone but even that's unclear and confusing, and it's hard to find people on these forums who are willing to help with these relatively simple (to the non-newbs, of course) things.

Can I flash a custom recovery? Can I run CyanogenMod or any good ROM? If no, will I be able to, ever? If no, how do I unroot? Would it be wise to just wait for the next update from Samsung or AT&T and install it so I automatically unroot?

Much appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

im not confirm with it but i read theres a tool called "loki" with it you can unlock your bootloader and run custom firmware. but the rom must provisioned with loki.
search for it and read you in.
hope i could help you a little.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread