Thumbs up Fix for various 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware upgrade from 4.3

Ok so after days of trying to solve various issues with the manual install of 4.4.2 from 4.3 I thought to post this to help any one that is having various issues.

Issues you maybe having
  • Volume keys not responding
  • When trying to unlock it freezes and takes a long time to go to the home screen (sometimes it never did)
  • Various apps not responding

Now I wont take credit here as all I did was flash the correct files and correctly installed 4.4.2. The way I was doing it previously (and might I add that is listed on most ROM developers install instructions) was not accurate. They has said to simply flash Stock XXUENA6. When looking this only came as one file so i did just that. After flashing with Odin I then flashing my desired ROM, I would experience the above issues. And I flashed various ROMS too Omega, Crash, Sweet, Foxhound.

Here is what you need to do

When the developer says Flash Stock XXUENA6 firmware with odin.
Go to Google, type Flash Stock XXUENA6 firmware with odin > choose the first link. Look for a post from Aryan Sardar at TrueAndroid. Download the correct files, follow the instructions step by step. They are easy and this will ensure you have the STOCK firmware for 4.2.2 ready for flashing a custom rom.

I give full credit to Aryan Sardar for this help as I was loosing my mind trying to fix.

So there you have it!

I hope this helps people experiencing the above issues.

Dave M