Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 51,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] tf300t Wifi no longer turning on

Tip us?

Shourisha1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] tf300t Wifi no longer turning on

Hello ladies and gents, was hoping I could get a bit of assistance. I was recently cleaning out my tablet, trying to free up some room for some files and deleted a few files I was under the impression I'd left in the root folder when I rooted and installed a custom rom. That was 3 days ago, and ever since, my wifi will no longer turn on, stuck on "Turning wifi on..." I figure obviously I deleted something needed(Though I haven't the faintest what it was now) and have run into the issue that of course it can't be recovered. Nothing else has stopped functioning, and the tablet runs spot on otherwise. I have tons of apps and files on here that I'd like to keep, but I kind of need my wifi access working again. Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened, or how to get the issue resolved? Thanks in advance.

I'm running:
Android 4.1.1
wifi:v7.1.0.65
Kernel: 3.1.10that2-oc
Build: Cleanrom inheritance 3.3 - 10.4.4.25/ww deodex

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourisha1 View Post
Hello ladies and gents, was hoping I could get a bit of assistance. I was recently cleaning out my tablet, trying to free up some room for some files and deleted a few files I was under the impression I'd left in the root folder when I rooted and installed a custom rom. That was 3 days ago, and ever since, my wifi will no longer turn on, stuck on "Turning wifi on..." I figure obviously I deleted something needed(Though I haven't the faintest what it was now) and have run into the issue that of course it can't be recovered. Nothing else has stopped functioning, and the tablet runs spot on otherwise. I have tons of apps and files on here that I'd like to keep, but I kind of need my wifi access working again. Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened, or how to get the issue resolved? Thanks in advance.

I'm running:
Android 4.1.1
wifi:v7.1.0.65
Kernel: 3.1.10that2-oc
Build: Cleanrom inheritance 3.3 - 10.4.4.25/ww deodex
You probably deleted some of the kernel init files. You should never remove any files from root or put any files there.

To fix just reinstall the ROM again, or upgrade to the latest version
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development

f69m
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Did you try re-flashing your ROM? Should re-add any important system files and keep your others.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk