Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a 2nd-Bootloader and TWRP for 7.4.7?

Tip us?

Gevork Gevorkyan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] Is there a 2nd-Bootloader and TWRP for 7.4.7?

I recently bought a KFHD 7 2013 with version 7.4.7 loaded on it. Root was fairly simple but after reading through Hashcode's and seokhun's threads it seems like the installation for Bootloader and TWRP is updated for up to 7.4.6. I was to install some custom roms to make this device into a full android tablet so does anyone have any info for kindles with 7.4.7?

Has anyone tried and succeeded using the methods in the tutorial for 7.4.6?
Is there another way for 7.4.7?

Please post up if you have any information.

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
OK put it this way, the current method does work for it, because the main thing to know is we have to downgrade the boot loader first anyways. You can also downgrade the is if you wanted. Anyways point being, the current freedomboot image more than likely doesn't work with that version, but here's the important little bit about that. The freedomboot doesn't really matter as long as you put the ROM and gapps on the device first or Don,t mind going through the trouble of pushing it onto the device with the adb command afterwards when it's in recovery. If the current freedom boot version isn't the same as the os version you typically will bootloop. So yea in short yes it works, just put the ROM you want to flash on the internal storage first so you can flash it without a hassle.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

Gevork Gevorkyan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
OK put it this way, the current method does work for it, because the main thing to know is we have to downgrade the boot loader first anyways. You can also downgrade the is if you wanted. Anyways point being, the current freedomboot image more than likely doesn't work with that version, but here's the important little bit about that. The freedomboot doesn't really matter as long as you put the ROM and gapps on the device first or Don,t mind going through the trouble of pushing it onto the device with the adb command afterwards when it's in recovery. If the current freedom boot version isn't the same as the os version you typically will bootloop. So yea in short yes it works, just put the ROM you want to flash on the internal storage first so you can flash it without a hassle.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Oh I see the link was missing a hyphen! I need to go to this thread and use the tools provided there. Since Rootjunky.com posted up a really good video to get into fastboot mode I should have no problems getting this to work. After I downgrade I can easily follow seokhun's guide and have CM or PA installed in no time. Thanks a ton!

Zhono
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post

I thought the 2013 model of the HD 7" still only had root ability? Or is there more than one 2013 model? I've been checking the forums like 5 times a day, waiting for a way to get a custom rom on this damn thing. Did I miss something?

Gevork Gevorkyan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhono View Post
I thought the 2013 model of the HD 7" still only had root ability? Or is there more than one 2013 model? I've been checking the forums like 5 times a day, waiting for a way to get a custom rom on this damn thing. Did I miss something?
Actually I found out my model is 2012 because I have the front facing camera.

SafinWasi
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhono View Post
The 2013 version doesn't have any custom ROMs available.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
PHP Code:
//This is in C++,not PHP
#include<iostream>
#include<string>
#include<xda>

using namespace std;

int main()
{

string name="SafinWasi"

string status="Senior Member";
    if(
I helped you){

cout<<"Please hit the Thanks Button!\n";
    }
    return 
0;
}
void Devices()
{

string Device="Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7";

string ROM="CyanogenMod 11 Nightly";

string Kernel_Version="3.0.72+";

string Recovery="TWRP 2.7.0.0";

The Following User Says Thank You to SafinWasi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]