Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X sunk in the waters

Tip us?

rirozizo
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1177
Default HTC One X sunk in the waters

I have an HTC One X that was dropped in the water.

The guy only wants the data, and i took it out of it and gave it to him. So he told me that the devices is all yours.

I've been trying to fix it ever since he told me that.

The phone boots up normally, sound is working, vibration is too.

The screen's backlight, although set to maximum, it too dim due to water damage. So i took it to a repair shop, he replaced the screen, and a piece of hardware inside the board, but the screen works for about 10 minutes then completely goes off. So we put back the old screen and peice and the same thing happens, 10 mins of dim brightness... then no brightness at all. I'm currently trying to root it so i could stream and control it via PC. I now have it with a very dim screen that works for 30 minutes then needs to rest for 5 minutes so it could go on again.

Any suggestions on what i should replace to really solve that problem is very much appreciated as i really would like to make this device go alive again.

ISOCK youtube channel
ROM Specific Q&A/T Thread Template on the PORTAL

Get a (battery) Life!

Member of Slim Team (Support is never via PM)

Currently working on: Making slimkat in-depth reviews and updates

Phone: Google Nexus4 LG E960 Mako 16GB Black | ROM: Latest Slimkat Build | Kernel: Changing | CPU: Never Overclocked | Recovery: TWRP/MultiROM
Dropbox link <--- click this to get extra space!

My Blog

big noob
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Put him in rice..And it will pull water out from phone..If that doesn't help I think that motherboard is too damaged..
]Device: hTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
ROM: Stock 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to big noob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rirozizo
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by big noob View Post
Put him in rice..And it will pull water out from phone..If that doesn't help I think that motherboard is too damaged..
we actually tore it down and left its parts for about a week in a box, would it still help if i did that?

ISOCK youtube channel
ROM Specific Q&A/T Thread Template on the PORTAL

Get a (battery) Life!

Member of Slim Team (Support is never via PM)

Currently working on: Making slimkat in-depth reviews and updates

Phone: Google Nexus4 LG E960 Mako 16GB Black | ROM: Latest Slimkat Build | Kernel: Changing | CPU: Never Overclocked | Recovery: TWRP/MultiROM
Dropbox link <--- click this to get extra space!

My Blog

big noob
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Was the box warm? If not maybe there is still a little bit of water on connectors or somewhere..Cause I had the same problem on other phone..
]Device: hTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
ROM: Stock 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to big noob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]