Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screencasting and rooting problem

Tip us?

slaakker
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Thank you micmars. I will go back and see if I can figure it out. Your help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to slaakker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slaakker
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I have gone through both threads and I do not see any solutions for the note 3. The patch is for the note 2. I have gone through all of xposed and nothing there either. I give up for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaakker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaakker View Post
I have gone through both threads and I do not see any solutions for the note 3. The patch is for the note 2. I have gone through all of xposed and nothing there either. I give up for now.

Yup. I was specifically saying only that a solution existed for your S3 and perhaps others here whom may have a Note 2.

But...that library file must have its counterpart for our phone under a different name, or that library file resides elsewhere from system, library, as those files are everywhere, not only in system (look at Google Now for the quick search box, for just one example, it has two in /data).

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

cmdauria
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaakker View Post

I know with the official Samsung Allshare cast module you have to be on a stock kernel. I would say to try that. I am on Jellybomb 3.2 and screen mirroring works perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmdauria For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
I know with the official Samsung Allshare cast module you have to be on a stock kernel. I would say to try that. I am on Jellybomb 3.2 and screen mirroring works perfectly.
I was wondering that. I know the toggle is there, but I don't use the feature. Perhaps Josh's awesome mash-up could provide the fix.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

mrmellies
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Rooting is not the problem flashing a custom kernel is. I use showbox.netflix and nba league pass Mobile daily on my rooted note 3 using the all share cast dongle. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmellies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerys71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390
I am NOT running custom kernels only rooted

I can cast such as to Chrome cast fine its screen mirroring I can't though